Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

@Vmasterohhhhhhh does this mean they also use real oakmoss?

@pocketvenus,  They would use Oakmoss (except Amouage), but I am not sure if that note is something they normally use in the Gulf region (but that is only a guess). Generally oud, saffron, rose, taif rose, ambergris and musk are the popular notes, from what I have seen in various products. The big manufacturers there are Arabian Oud, Abdul Samad Al Qurashi, Swiss Arabian (which excel at creating knock-off fragrances), and Amouage.

Also, I added to my previous message. 

@Vmasterinteresting, thanks for sharing!

I have been wearing GUCCI - Flora By Gucci - Gorgeous Gardenia!I havepurchased this couple years ago and loved it. Decided I needed to re-purchase and fell in love all over again 🙂

Wore an equestrian style outfit today so I thought it fitting to Chanel's Cuir Russie

Wearing an old favourite today, Le Parfum de Therese. I feel like I can't carry it just yet but it's so beautiful. The other day, I was at a Malle counter and after chit chatting a little, I asked the SA to guess which fragrance was my favourite from the house. He guessed Therese. It was so flattering! 😛

Slumberhouse again.

Norne by Slumberhouse

Notes:

Fog caked needle, lichen, fern, moss, hemlock, incense.

63101(3).jpg

@VmasterI love how dark and resinous Norne is. Like you can feel the sap on the bark.

@pocketvenus Around Noon, I felt the back of my neck where I had sprayed, and it felt tacky. I would not be surprised if they used natural ingredients. Smells amazing!

@Vmaster, I had something similar happen with Jeke. Not on my skin, but little of it leaked out of my sample vial and when the alcohol had evapourated, it left behind a thick and fragrant gummy resin!

It's another smoky day in California, so I am wearing a nice tobacco & apricot fragrance.

Baque by Slumberhouse

large.jpeg

@VmasterI hope you and your loved ones are safe!

@pocketvenus The air quality is horrible so I am primarily staying indoors. Everyone in my area is safe so far. Thank you for asking!

@Vmasterthanks for the update!

I'm wearing Tom Ford Ombré Leather today. This is one of my favourites for cold weather. The smell of cozy smooth suede is lovely when there’s snow on the ground. This one lasts all day long on my skin 

Serge Lutens Five O'Clock Au Gingembre today. MmmmmmM.... ❤️

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 3.56.00 PM.png

( not my photo )

Wearing 19-69's Kasbah today thinking it would work better in cooler weather. It does, but it's still a bit too dense for my liking. I get mostly a mildly sweet, ambery honey infused with the barest suggestion of citrus and leather. There's something a little sharper and medicinal in the opening but it fades away. It smells like the consistency of dough, it's that thick. I feel like there's no air, no space to breathe with this one.

KASBAH_01_WEB

Today I am wearing something that I have not worn in a few years:

Dior Homme Intense by Christian Dior

375x500.13016.jpg

Volute EdT from Diptyque - this is one of my necessities for cold autumn days. This softens to a smooth honey and tobacco scent on my skin, which is lovely when I want to feel cozy. I'll often wear it for a few days in row.

This morning was cooler than usual, so I decided to wear a feel-good fragrance that has been around since 1965:

Aramis by Aramis. 375x500.113.jpg

Great cold weather pick, @Vmaster

2,358 Replies
testing