Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

@MikuNerd65 I overdid it testing Phlur Missing Person. Good golly 😜 Next time I'll limit it to two sprays. It seemed so lightweight spraying but intensified greatly with my body heat. Very white musk. One of those sneaky perfumes.

Skylar Peach Fields. I like it but like Daisy eau So Fresh Daze better. The Daisy esfd is more expensive tho. Marc Jacobs seems to make the scents I like best exclusive to the $110 bottle.

Put on no perfume this morning and went to Ulta on my lunch break. I'm currently wearing Versace Dylan Blue Pour Femme Travel Spray 0.3 oz/ 10 mL  I like the mild spice but it's leaning towards a food aroma rather than perfume. 

My latest work sample is Marc Jacobs Mod Noir. This one smells so lovely and I adore the bottle!

375x500.30292.jpg

Clementine starts out strong, a little hint of green notes.
After that gardenia, water lily and tuberose make themselves known.

Dries down to a nice mix of nectarine and orange blossom.
Final dry down is a nice orange musk. 

I forgot to pay attention to how long it lasts. 

Oooh, that bottle is lovely! I need to try this scent @Samtian 

@Buootiful The bottle is so cool! it's discontinued but I see it still for sale online in a lot of places.

I'm so happy that you found one you love, @Samtian ! 🥳

@Titian06 If only it wasn't discontinued lol. 

Oh, no, @Samtian !  Of all the luck! 😖

I got a bottle of GUERLAIN Aqua Allegoria Pera Granita Eau de Toilette 2.5 oz / 75 mL because I loved a sample.  Then, I wanted pear on pear, so I layered By Rosie Jane Leila Lou Perfume on top of it from By Rosie Jane Mini Perfume Discovery Set .  I'm very pleased with how this turned out, usually when I am layering one scent eventually overtakes the other, but I am getting small hints of each, and it's been 4.5 hours.  It dried down to powdery mix of fruit (pear & grapefruit) + grass.

This combination sounds lovely, @danielledanielle ! 🥰

It was an unseasonably warm day today, like summer, and instead of going for something light, I just went all in with Kilian's Extreme Oud. A smooth and voluptuous oud with a touch of sweetness and enough of a dark edge to cut the humidity. A very easy wear, nothing skanky, rough or challenging.

kilian-extreme-oud-21332

Yesterday was sampling Mugler Goddess. I'm not sure what draws me to this fragrance. I've tried it in store and now at home. It didn't have the projection I expected but I could smell it a bit in the morning. I'll sample this again and spray it a little heavier.

Today I am wearing Mugler Aura and Swiss Arabian Yulali. Aura is a top favorite and I decided to layer it today. They smell pretty good together.

I was on a trip earlier this month and grabbed one of my rollerballs I hadn't really used before. As luck would have it, it leaked out in it's bag quite a bit. So I decided to use it as my next one to use up. 

Tokyomilk Destiny No. 79. Oh my this is intoxicating!! I'm so sad it's discontinued. Wear time was over 6 hours. Starts off a lovely intoxicating jasmine scent. After the first inital whiffs, the davana and honeysuckly appear. Shortly followed by the ginger. 4 hours later ginger is all that can be smelled.

Notes: Midnight Jasmine, Fresh-Cut Ginger, Honeysuckle, Rose, Davana. Style: Mysterious. Bewildering. Admirable.

TMDRC-2.jpg

Today, I'm wearing the remaining fragrance that the wonderful @Samtian gifted to me, Philosophy, Expressive.  It is a lovely green fragrance with an overwhelming soapy scent.  The soapines does not dissipate; it hangs around until the entire scent disappears about 30 minutes later.  I would have purchased this if not for the soapy smell.  Too bad!  I will definitely finish the sample.  In fact, I think I will layer it with yesterday's sample to see what happens. 😁

Top:  Grapefruit 

Middle:  Orange Blossom

Base:  Amber

@Titian06 Awe man, did any of them work for you?

@Samtian - Yes!  ABBOTT Seqouia Eau de Parfum Travel Spray 0.34 oz / 10 mL eau de parfum spray is on my Loves list for the sale.

@Titian06 Oh good!!

Today I wore Vilhelm Parfumerie, Room Service.  This sample was also gifted to me by the lovely @Samtian . 🥰  Like the previous sample, I forgot to post my review after the first time I wore this.  I can understand why.  It started with a very familiar scent that I couldn't quite place.  It was the mandarin orange, but something else.  I could never quite get a good enough whiff of it to tell.  After about 10 minutes, it became a light floral scent.  Then it just sort of petered out.  I definitely won't be purchasing.

Edit:  I forgot to include rhe notes.

Top:  Blackberry, mandarin orange 

Middle:  Orchid, violet, bamboo

Base:  Musk, black amber, sandalwood 

2,358 Replies
testing