Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Diptyque Kimonanthe. It is delicious- perfect for cool weather 😋. From their website:

"Made with exotic, succulent, complex osmanthus blossoms delicately infused with Japanese incense, Kimonanthe is totally unclassifiable, mysterious, and addictive. With notes of camphor, cloves, sandalwood, spices, and leather, the scent on the skin becomes a delicate mist of candied apricot deepening to recall exotic remedies and incense."

That does sound perfect for fall!

Interesting. I got a sample when it first came out and I thought it smelled exactly like cherry cough syrup! Lol. Maybe I should give it another try 😉

Haha then it's good i don't know what cherry cough syrup smells like 😉 I got candied apricot at the beginning, then some leather/incense and lots of camphor, then a medley of all the notes.  I wanna wear it and go on a walk among fallen leaves.

You obviously have a more sophisticated nose than I do, lol 😉

That is.. very doubtful to say the least 😂

I realized today that maybe I only wear light, fruity and/or clean fragrances because I live in a place that only gets cold a few weeks a year. It was 90 degrees today, and I can't grasp that technically, it's not summer anymore.

So anyway, today's fragrance was Jo Malone's Nectarine Blossom and Honey.

Today I'm trying Jeke, a smoky autumnal scent by Slumberhouse. Has anyone here tried anything by this house?

@vegchililover78

Yes, Slumberhouse is still operating 🙂 That’s so awesome you were able to snag some scents off etsy. May I ask which ones you like best? They all sound so wonderful.

@lipstick4soul

I like rich, smoky, boozy scents - and I'd say wearing Jeke is like the olfactory equivalent of enjoying an old fashioned (one of my fave cocktails) 🙂 It's not in the notes, but I think the clove and tobacco combination gives it a hint of "stewed fruit" that's not quite to my taste but thankfully it's not overly sweet. In fact, I'd say it's a touch sour.

I'll admit the goat fur note in New Sibet was what piqued my interest!! 😛 I love dirty, animalic frags. Would you say it's quite musky?

***Also, I sincerely apologize to both of you for not replying earlier; I didn’t see your posts until now! :S***

@pocketvenus The scents were Eki and Mori. It doesn't look like he makes them anymore. Eki was an oil blend of jasmine and magnolia. Mori from what I remember was warm, the kind of scent that you need to get close to smell. This is a description from Fragrantica:

Mori is a warm aura of nostalgia, where luxurious smell of skin, autumn and animalistic atmosphere intertwines. The perfume is based on notes of Bourbon vanilla, with no top or heart notes.

If he still made Mori that would make me so happy.

Thanks, I had not heard of either! An autumnal and animalistic boozy vanilla sounds amazing ❤️

@pocketvenus I'm so happy to find out that Slumberhouse is still around! I used to have a few Slumberhouse scents when the owner had a shop on Etsy (years ago). I thought he stopped making fragrances when his Etsy shop closed. 

What did you think of it @pocketvenus?

i recently tried New Sibet which is supposed to leather/smoky/animalic. I actually really liked it. Not nearly as scary as it sounds from the notes 😉

Diptyque Benjoin Boheme.

Tokyomilk Pretty Rotten. Got a sample of this with my order, one of the few times I actually got what I selected. Its incredible I love it. Easily one of my top favorite perfumes. 

I will have to look into this! I love tokyomilk dark's tainted love & everything and nothing. scented fragrances. I will have to look at the notes. I am starting to try and pinpoint what notes dry downs and highlights i like in a fragrance more lately. instead of just a category.genre of perfume. 🙂 

I so agree! It's so different than any other perfume I have! I just got my order with the full size today after falling in love with the sample I got last week. The only downside is that it doesn't seem to last very long on me but I don't care haha!

Le Labo Thé Noir 29

I have only tried it once but it was lovely! Nordstrom has it as one of their free three samples, I can't wait to get a vial 🙂

Alexander McQueen Parfum layered with Frederic Malle's Lys Mediterranee

upload_6633822066019238743.jpg

Chanel no 5 L'Eau.  I don't usually like Chanel perfumes, but this one is light and lovely!

testing