Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I am wearing miu miu fragrance.

i am liking it so far. 

Might pick up one during November sale

I've been mainly wearing Elizabeth and James Nirvana White recently. I didn't like it at first, but have grown to like it a lot! It's a soft and feminine scent. The floral scent isn't too overwhelming either.

I have been wearing I Am Juicy Couture. It is my favorite of all the Juicy Couture fragrances. It is sweet and feminine, without being cheap or nauseating. I have been getting it in rollerball form, though I plan to to get the full size. I rarely do that, I have to really enjoy the fragrance.

Tom Ford Noir por Femme. First decant I have tried and I love it; smells very similar to YSL Black Opium which I also love.

Tom Ford Vert d'Encens.  Love it, but weirdly it did cause a reaction on my skin and left red streaks everywhere I put it.  Yesterday I tried the Vert Boheme and enjoyed it also but drawn to the spicy Vert d'Encens.  Tom Ford is amazing.

I wonder if you may be allergic to an ingredient.

I don't like how Vert d'Encens smells on me. 

Sorry to hear, I've been loving how I smell all day!  Lasted longer than the Vert Boheme.

TF Orchid Soliel...such a strong scent memory of a hawaiian vacation with a hotel lobby filled with orchids.

I sniffed it on paper at a Sephora, and it reminded me of steamed tortillas.. not a good first impression. I told that to the TF counter SA, who told me that it's really different on the skin, that i should try it again. She gave me a vial, which i tried earlier today, and indeed it is much, much better. I don't like the other two in the Orchid collection, but this one is a-ok.

Alaia Paris by Azzedine Alaia, from a vial rediscovered while sorting my sample stash. 

The Bois de Jasmin review is pretty spot on for me. It starts as a minerally, sheer floral that turns cozy and slightly woodsy/animalistic. I find it pretty amazing 😄

Nest Citrine from the Play box. It has a woodsy note that I seem to be drawn to. I do not have  an educated nose like some of you on here but I like to read and learn.

etat libre d'orange 'fat electrician'. WOW ! my first impression of this--which they call a 'moder vetiver'--was that it smelled like an incense i used to burn years ago, which i'm assuming is the myrrh (i LOVE myrrh, but don't see it nearly as often in fragrances as i'd like !). i'm very aware of the vanilla and whipped cream notes as well (but it is not sugary sweet feminine as those notes may suggest). i'm intoxicated ! interested to see how this plays out through the rest of the day. 

i think the idea is that it is supposed to smell of a sweet fresh sweat. but it's good ?!?!!

In olfactory bliss while testing Hermes Eau de Gentiane Blanche and Eau de Narcisse Bleu on each wrist. On me, Gentiane Blanche is bitterly green, like broken stems, with a soft rooty background. Narcisse Bleu is soft, musky and earthy with a tinge of bitterness.

+ it looks like my TPC order will be here tomorrow. I. am. so. EXCITED. 😄

atelier cologne mandarine glacial. it seems this is one of the most polarizing atelier cologne scents--people aren't indifferent to it, they either love it or hate it. i love it, but i can't explain why--as nothing about it is particularly the sort of thing i'd look for in a scent. it's like candied citrus zest, with an added earthy freshness from ginger, vetiver, oakmoss and white amber. 

Nest Midnight Fleur. Omg it's amazing (and rather unique). Also, it survived a 15 hour flight! Can't believe I got the rollerball and not the full size...

Hermes Eau des Merveilles 😄

p.s. the wonderful and knowledgeable @lipstick4soul recommended it as being a more complex version of Florabellio (which i love but has zero longevity), and she was so right. So I purchased a small bottle of EdM. Then I couldn't pass up a BNIB 50ml bottle of Florabellio on ebay at almost 50% off. I have both now 😅

@TriesToBoClassy @lipstick4soul funny you should mention, I was asking someone for opinions on Florabellio the other day.

Do either of you find it has the listed sesame note?  I've been looking for a perfume with sesame hints in it, and Florabellio came up in the search.  

My informal poll came back with a lot of responses that it smelled generic, so I'd love to know what you both think.

I didn't find sesame very prominent. I can see how people might think it is generic, the floral notes are fairly straightforward. I like it for the addition of the salty note. I find it an unusual combination (salty without being beachy and light floral). It strikes me in general as one that might smell very different on different people. I think it is worth a decant. 

Oh that's too bad.  I'm intrigued by the salt note, but definitely mostly looking for sesame at the moment.

Thanks for the details, @lipstick4soul!

@Mochapj Curious what you have tried with sesame. Kedo by MEMO and La Fin Du Monde by Etat Libre D'orange were all that came up on lucky scent. I wouldn't have thought it was that unusual note. 

1 Reply
testing