Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I can still sniff the last notes of the concoction i put on last night.

First i had JM Oud Bergamot. About an hour later I added Aerin Amber Musk. Then another hour or so later Chloe Rose.. I was in fragrance heaven 🙂

I accidentally doused myself MMM Jazz Club. I wanted to open the cap of a store-made sample and somehow ended up wrenching out the top part of the sample, spraying Jazz Club all over my desk. No regrets though, this smells fantastic. Close to TF Tobacco Vanille, but less sweet and leathery? 

Anonymous Insider

I really like it too! Is it supposed to be a mens cologne, though? I can't find a rollerball of it.

Yes the SA who made me a decant wanted to make sure that i knew it was a men's fragrance. Haha.

I am not committed enough to get a full size, but i would jump at a rollerball..

Anonymous Insider

Same here. Not committed enough for a full size, but would love a rollerball. Hope they come out with a rollerball at some point..

Jimmy Choo, Illicit. Sweet, Warm, a little spice. I've decided to commit to a rollerball as there are soooo many scents to discover and I can't justify another full bottle.  But this one is worth testing!

Midnight Fleur by Nest 😍

Angel by Theirry Mugler... its so incredible.

Diptyque Eau Duelle x Philosykos. 😍

Elizabeth & James Nirvana White. It's intoxicating and smells like caramel peonies. VERY similar to Kate Spade's Twirl from a few years back!

Penhaligon LP No 9 for women.

According to lucky scent: 

Top notes are lavender, bergamot, amalfi lemon, tarragon and geranium; middle notes are carnation, jasmine and rose; base notes are musk, patchouli, virginia cedar, amber, cinnamon and vanille.

Which got me thinking...what do carnations smell like?  Part of a Valentine's Day set from MyPerfumeSamples (dot com).

This reminds me of my grandmother, with the lavender and other scents that remind me of my grandparents farm in the Welsh countryside.  I might be buying this one.

fragrance.jpg

I'm liking this less after 3 hours...

Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb - I really like this! I've been enjoying Tobacco Vanille for its cinnamony note, but this mini fills in the gaps on days I don't want to use up my TV sample. Spicebomb is spicy, but different. There's something masculine to it, but I don't find it manly, if that makes sense?

I also love Spicebomb..it is one of my favorites!

By day I wear Acqua di Gioia by Giorgio Armani, by night I wear Idylle by Guerlain 🙂

Dasein Autumn. Spicy and delicious. Pretty soon, I'm going to get a full bottle.

Commodity Moss today.

Incidentally, my ex recently decided to contact me after about two years and asked me to meet with him because he wanted to talk to me/see how I was doing  *eyeroll*. I begrudgingly agreed (I'm trying to be a more forgiving person in general), and happened to be wearing this scent that night. I swear I heard "you smell really good" about 6 times. I laughed and replied "when have I ever not smelled good" in the cattiest way I could because let's face it, I still resent him a little haha.

It still boggles my mind that we meet exes. Why do we do this to ourselves? I once met someone who I had changed my phone number to get away from. It doesn't make sense. lol.

I have no idea why I agreed, especially because it was a messy split. I guess I still have an ugly little soft spot for him because we did love each other a lot. Maybe I wanted to hear him apologize for the millionth time, is that horrible of me? Lol. I appreciate that he admits how wrong he was and that he doesn't try anything stupid like getting me back, but it's a little annoying that he contacted me at all!

Anonymous Insider

Oh god he was probably pulling one of those scenes from High Fidelity... let me see if she's gotten over me.

Hahaha. He prefaced his outreach with "I know you've moved on, and I see you're having fun with your life and that makes me happy" maybe he was making sure? Dunno. 

testing