Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

so i have a friend that founded a men's grooming company--started with luxe beard oils, then expanded from there. they do the majority of their business online / wholesale for other stores, but people are welcome to come by their office/warehouse to buy direct. so, my point: i went by today to grab some things for my bro and father for xmas. my friend--who is very passionate and dedicated to his knowledge to the art of scent--took me over to where all his vials of essential oils are and asked me to put my wrist out, where he gingerly applied various amounts of different oils. my own custom scent, applied directly ! i'm not entirely sure what it all was, but i know there was sandalwood, rose, and ambergris (among other things). it was so pleasant, and i smell like a queen !

That sounds fun! Did he bottle it up for you too?

nah, but he did give me three big samples of perfume / bath oils that are still in the prototype stage, as well as a mud mask. was thrilled ! 

Anonymous Insider

You are a test subject, how exciting!! Out of curiosity, does he do any beard balm without any scent? The current one in the house is not scented but the oils used still give it a distinct aroma like there is something flightly floral going on.

he is so passionate about scent that i doubt he has a scentless option but i'll ask him !!! 

I'm wearing Tom Ford Black Orchid, I didn't really like this scent but every time I wear it seems to get better and I get a bunch of compliments. 

love it. i think it's polarizing much like TM alien / angel. but i lovvvve it. 

i find, though, that i don't think it lasts long on me at all. 

i hate it - in the bottle and on me. But, body chemistry is weird and there are plenty of perfumes i despise that I like the smell of on someone else. glad its growing on you since other people like it on you 🙂

Anonymous Insider

I'm in LOVE with Candy by Prada. Walk on Air and Nirvana are really good too. I got a few samples of some other stuff, I can't wait to try them out.

I'll keep y'all posted!

I love the Gucci Premiere,

I got a sample of it but it's so expensive 😞 

I got a deluxe sample of Diptyque Oud Palao. I thought it was giving me a headache this morning but now it smells like tobacco pipe and soft floral at the same time and it is intoxicating

I received this as well.  Assuming it smells like the accompanying candle, I think it may be too masculine for my taste.  I was planning on giving it to my dad for Christmas, but part of me wants to try it first.  He probably wouldn't notice if one spritz was used . . .

I got that one too... It smells so good!

Hermes Ambre Narguile. I love this. A bit fruity spicy in the beginning then warm and comforting vanilla and soft amber.

Today it is Miss Dior. Again only 1 spray onto each wrist. If I had a 'signature' perfume, this one would be it.

Chloe.jpg

Chloe eau de parfum! It smells so sophisticated and girly. I can't get enough of it. 

I m wearing Tom ford Venetian bergamot and I liked it on me.But wondering if I should get black orchid which is also nice n stays longer on me.

If you're thinking about VB, make sure you try it out more than once.

it has a reputation for going 'funky'

Mocha - thank you. I would do that and save fr the next nordies event 🙂

I work in a scent free building but I still put on a bit every morning because I can't live without fragrance. I just put on one spray way before I leave the house and choose one that isn't overpowering. Today I am wearing Nina Ricci L'Extase.

Anonymous Insider

Flowerbomb. I'm in need of comfort because work upheaval and now team is reporting up to a VP. I survived the morning meeting but still feel on edge since she was talking about my relocation.

testing