Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I sampled Marc Jacobs' Decadence at my local Shoppers and wow. I love it. I hate to say that I have not liked a single MJ scent so far, but this one I could not not stop smelling. I loved it. I think I'll get a roller ball - I hate most perfume full size packaging as a general rule.

INSERT GRUMPY CAT GIF

A blend of Tom Ford oud wood and Andy Tauer un rose vermeille 

OW tones down the candied tones that URV has at the beginning quite nicely

Tom Ford Venetian Bergamot.  The mood of the scent to me brings to mind Balenciaga Paris, though the actual components are different (warmer; more alive).  But it has the same moody nostalgic feel, and is a little dusty.  Like a mysterious trunk you find tucked away in your grandmother's attic.

Nirvana white & black on left & right wrists. I remember disliking these when they first came out, but now i kinda like them..must be partly because of the weather..

Michael Kors Blue (I wanted to smell like my hubs today)

diptyque eau rose. (WOW.)

yesssssss. 

i didn't want to like this one, but it grows on me every time i wear it.

Today I wore Vera Wang Princes - it's my signature scent and I've been wearing it for years. Although I often swap it out for Gucci Flora, Marc Jacobs Daisy Dot, or my new favorite Nirvana Black.

Tocca Cleopatra again 🙂

Today I am wearing my decant of the Frederic Malle En Passant. Such a lovely scent!

Today I'm wearing ds & Durga Debaser.

I'm not going to lie, I may have partially bought it because I'm a pixies fan, but mostly because I've been hunting for my perfect fig scent.

i1118152mage.jpeg

Interesting. Any idea how it compares to Diptyque Philosykos if you have tried that one?

LOL, I have not tried that one yet, but that's the second time today it's come up so perhaps I should.

😄

Well, I ask because it has many of the same notes: fig (like the bright, milky part rather than the ripe fruit), fig leaf and coconut. Also because I have it and wonder if this one is spicier / darker.

This one has a somewhat smoky/ashes in the fireplace quality to it.  

On me at least I get next to no coconut. The fig is a blend of green branch/stems and juicy fruit.  

IMO it leans slightly masculine, but not so much that I get told I smell manly.

Hah, that was the first thing that came to mind when you mentioned the name 🙂

Glad you're loving it. Definitely need to add more DS&Durgas to my Twistedlily sample list. I've smelled most of them, and there were at least a couple I liked (both were ambery in colour, and going by the notes, Mississippi Medicine was definitely one of them)...

I have the day off and I'm wearing a sample of Tauer's Le Maroc pour Elle. LDDM is supposed to be a lighter version of this, and I've been wearing it a lot over the past month, yet 01 smells nothing like it and is way too sweet one me.

I loved 01 at first sniff and I was convinced it was going to be mine soon, but clearly something happens when I'm wearing it vs sniffing it at a store. Might have applied too much (I emptied the full sample vial). It's off my buy list for now, though.

I am definitely enticed to try more scents from the brand now.

Debaser is interesting.  It isn't quite a green leafy fig scent, nor is it a honeyed figgy fruit scent.  It's somewhere in the middle.  There's some green twiggy smells, I get very little coconut, and a bit of a burnt ashes aroma off it.  

I'm really pleased with this one.

i love the design and packaging here. i'm unfamiliar with this brand ! 

also, they're the best.

Yes!  I wish I'd seen them live more often. 🙂

When I opened the package, there was a little note that said this:

The wild shrill of Black Francis coming
through the radio in the August heat. Ripe fig,
iris, coconut milk, tonka and dry blond woods.

well.....i'm sold.

I don't think I've ever posted on here but I have been really obsessing over scents lately. I blame the sale cause it's always my time to splurge on perfumes/colognes (for myself & gifts). For some reason I've been obsessing over an old perfume- Truth by Calvin Klein. I know they retired it long back so started looking into the notes. Now I want to try Tom Ford Grey Vetiver but the sale is done 😞 any one else remember Truth and/or have recommendations based on that scent?

Regarding the OP, today I'm wearing RL Romance. I bought JHAG Midnight Oud for my winter scent but still waiting on it. I'm surprised to go so heavy for my typical likes. I like the wear down on it but the initial scent I get is that of Sopari or Beetlenut - prominent in South Asia. 

testing