Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I was waiting for an SA to help me yesterday at one of the Canadian Rouge events and decided to check out some perfumes. I'm always intrigued by anything with the term "ikat" so I sprayed some Aerin Ikat Jasmine.

I fell in love. I had to put it down because I don't need any other perfume, but I went back for it today anyway :S

http://www.sephora.com/ikat-jasmine-P388762?skuId=1738582

As a plus, the bottle is so, so, so pretty. I'm a huge fan of simple perfume bottles with one detail that sets it apart from a plain bottle (like the topper that reminds me of a smooth stone). I would love to be able to buy all the full sizes and line them up on a vanity.

I like the Aerin perfumes more than I expected to - I had the mini spray set, and picked up a bottle of Evening Rose. I find they're all fairly simple fragrances (kind of like Jo Malone, to an extent) but wearable!

That bottle is very pretty :).

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

This is a tiny sample I purchased from Surrender to Chance just out of curiosity.  I never understood the concept of tobacco in fragrance, but now I get it.  I'm having flashbacks to my grandfather smoking a pipe and blowing rings for me to catch when I was a child 20+ years ago (though he didn't smell like vanilla).  I forgot that tobacco could smell so pleasant.  Makes me miss him.

Very nice scent, but I don't see myself spending $220 plus, seeing as I'm trying to cut back on my beauty spending.  

That sounds amazing! Glad it brings back good memories 🙂

One of my favorite Tom Ford scents.  And I agree with you.  Tobacco is not good for you to smoke but the smell of it is amazing.  I remember loving the smell of pipe tobacco when I was a kid.

This is one of my favourite scents to wear in the fall/winter....especially when its cold.

I find the scent comforting and warm.

I'm glad you like it. 

If you're ever near a Tom Ford counter, they give very generous 5 ml samples 🙂

Thanks for the tip!  I'm not normally a big vanilla person, but this fall I've started craving it.  Perfect for the season, as you said.  I recently purchased a bottle of Atelier's vanilla scent, which is a bit more cost effective for me.

Now, after my shower, I put on my sample of By Kilian Good Girl Gone Bad.  Don't get the gone bad part.  Good Girl Gone Good maybe.  It's a nice enough scent (can definitely smell the tuberose and some amber), but I do like it but don't love it.  I can't spend $250 on a perfume I am only 'in like' with 😛  If it was a less expensive fragrance then it might get added to my collection but for that price I would have to really love it not just like it.

Alien...just because...it was there...

I love Alien. I tried it for the first time a month ago and have been hooked. Plus it lasts all day on me which is great!

I just tried Alien for the first time! I wasn't sure what to expect but i really like the jasmin + amber.

I had the same experience.  After hearing so many people say that it is weird and hard to wear I was expecting something strange, but it's very pretty and wearable on me.  I really like it!

I really like it too!  I'm so mood oriented when it comes to fragrance...so I sometimes want something lighter.  But Alien is so seductive and sultry without being cloying or too much.  Now that you mention Jasmine I'm really noticing it!

Wearing By Kilian Amber Ood.  Not heavy on the ood at all...only the slightest hint.  My sister can't smell the ood at all so don't know why they call it Amber Ood.  They should call it Amber Vanille as amber and vanilla are the two strongest notes (to me, at least).  A very lovely scent.  I think I will be purchasing a full size bottle in the near future.  My pocketbook is going to be hurting though.  I looked up pricing and it runs about $400 for 50ml, and then you pay about $190 thereafter for a refill.

Serge Lutens Serge Noire.

This one is interesting....I think I've decided that I don't dislike it lol. I think it just requires a certain mood 🙂

IMG_2977.JPG

(I have not checked the back of my bottle, but I don't think it looks like this!)

Serge Noire is my fave! (I'm on my second bottle, and will definitely get another once I start running low. And I wish some batches of the LE bottles still made it out to North America)

gahhhhh

Great bottle!  Really amazing!

Apparently SL comes out with LE bottle designs!

Behold:

serge lutens fourreau noir special edition bottle.jpg

(I want it, but I think it came out in 2011 😞 )

I think they still might... but possibly only at the Paris boutique.

testing