Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

i felt the same way the first time i tried it.  I find i get a better idea of a fragrance when i try it out of the store or go perfume shopping first thing in morning.  

It smelled totally different when i tried it in store (think of all the people spraying different kinds of perfume and how that intermingles with the air and your sense of scent) and when i tried it at home.  The same thing happened with cedre.  but when i tried it again my goodness what a pleasant smoked woody amber, it's absolutely delicious.

I feel the same way about Guerlain as well.  Masterpieces!

Serge Lutens Vierge de Fer on one wrist and Nuit de Cellophane on the other. Love both, and i REALLY want Vierge de Fer. Uh-oh.

Was at the TF counter last week and received a sample of Fleur de Portofino. I am really loving it, and plan to buy the full size soon!!

I love this one 😄 I am rationing a sample vial but i want a bottle..

I've been very into Jo Malone's Blackberry & Bay this past week. It smells very fresh. Starts out more fruity and dries down to a more herbal scent. I'm actually surprised I like it so much as it's not like any other perfume I own.

Replica Lazy Sunday Morning sample.  Seems fitting.  It's a little "perfume-y" for me....

Yes, I wanted to like this one too, but also find it too cloying and perfumey.

I felt exactly the same way.  I like many of the Replica scents, but this one was too much.

Cloying is a good word for it too!!!

You posted at what 5am your time? I think you're confused about "lazy" and/or "fitting" in this scenario 😛

I agree about it being "perfume-y", and I so wanted to like it. 

I'm a morning person.  Try talking to me as it starts getting a little late at night and you'll be lucky to get a straight sentence out of me.

I so wanted to like this one too...but decided it isn't for me...

In my house I get praised if I manage real words before coffee. I was saying something about the boy being a morning person to his mom and sister and they started laughing, well, compared to me he is! lol

MMM is super hit-or-miss for me. When they hit though man do they hit!

Which is your favorite?

I really love Beach Walk, and Jazz Club (on the boy), and recently tried By the Fireplace which was also a total hit for me. I could huff at those all day long.

At the Barber's was weird for me as that's really what the bathroom smelled like when my dad was getting ready to go to work in the mornings growing up. So I've not been able to separate that out from the actual scent itself and thus the only one that wasn't an immediate hit-or-miss.

You?

I love beach walk too!  The CA girl in me always loves the summer scents (Bobbi Brown, Guerlain, Clean...and the EL one that I haven't opened yet).  I'm eyeing the Tokyo Milk sea salt one.  Kerosene Unforsaken (not a beach scent but it reminds me of the Guerlain, which is...).

Kerosene scents are on my to-try list but the queue is loooooong. 

S...my queue is long too...

I know this question wasn't directed at me, but I love Beach Walk! Bought a bottle about three months ago. Summer in a bottle! 

GG, answer away!!!

CK Endless Euphoria, just yummy.

Tauer L'Air Du Desert Marocain, a luckyscent sample and a fragrance I've long wanted to try. Coriander, citrus, spices, Jasmine, Patchouli, Cedar, Geranium, Bourbon and Vanilla.  On me I really get the cedar, patchouli, spice and a hint of flowers (but not rose like so many of this sort of scent use).

Smells like a faded ex-pat hotel late at night in a far away (and exotic) land. 

8 Replies
testing