Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I am in the mood for experimenting.  I just layered some Tom Ford Jasmin Rouge with Tom Ford Noir Pour Femme.  Never tried these two scents layered before, but I quite like the combo.

interesting combo! i shall try this and see how the scents sit on me. i recently tried jasmin rouge with rive d'ambre (per the suggestion of the sales person to help me liven my jasmin rouge). i quite liked this combo! rive d'ambre added a really nice citrusy layer to the floral notes of jasmin rouge.

hmm...I don't own rive d'ambre.  What is it like?

I received another sample order this weekend. I tried MMM Replica Lipstick On on Saturday. I noticed a very synthetic note right off the bat, but it faded quickly. I mostly get a cherry note, with a bit of creamy vanilla. It reminded me of Serge Lutens Louve, but without the Almond. After reading a review, I realized that the synthetic note was a waxy lipstick scent, like a cheap cherry lipstick. It's a daytime scent, and I sort of like it but I'm not sure if I'll buy a full bottle. Looking forward to trying my sample of By the Fireplace!

Wow, yay!  

You totally just answered my curiosity on Lipstick On.  I hate hate hate hate HATED Louve, so I will definitely not bother trying this.

Haha! I have a small decant of Louve, but it's not an everyday scent. Some days I like it, others it smells like cough syrup or Dr Pepper. Ick.

I love me some Dr. Pepper.  The only acceptable soda, imo 🙂  However, I would not want Dr. Pepper as a perfume...yuck LOL

it smells of dr pepper ?!!! because....good thing i'm not mocha's significant other because while we meet in the middle on so many scents--things she detests i also seem to love. 

and i grew up in texas. dr pepper is my soul's liquid, even if i only have about 1 a year now 😉

I am in Texas and haunted by Dr.Pepper.  It is my human's drink of choice.  I suffer quietly.....while I plot.

*The first time I tasted Dr.Pepper I thought it was a gag drink.  Cuz surely.....it can't be real.  It is.*

Is Dr. Pepper really a huge thing in Texas? I know out in SoCal Cactus Cooler is sort of a regional thing but it's not really that popular haha.

but....but it's the best.

Haha, my Dad was kind of a health food nut.  IF he ever allowed us soda (like twice a year, on vacation) it was only Dr. Pepper or Root Beer. For some reason, he felt these were the best of a bad thing!  I still love it!  

You know what's worse than Dr.Pepper?  Cherry flavoured Dr.Pepper!

That is surely poison!   I can't think if anything worse ....maybe a rash.  One time I accidentally took a swig.  I am still dealing with the horror....

Blashphemy!!! 🙂  Dr Pepper is pure awesomeness...says the girl from Kentucky, but don't care for cherry Dr Pepper.  Why mess with perfection??? 😄

omg mocha i'm very eager to know what about it brought out this passionate detestation !

Ok, forever ago I tried Louve and it gave me this cherry cough syrup vibe that was so sweet I could practically feel it in the back of my throat.

Reading other people refer to it as Dr Pepper just now - aaaaaaah!!!!  That is EXACTLY what it is.  

Sadly, I don't like Dr Pepper either 😉

Trying out my decant of Serge Lutens Sarrasins today. This is a really delicious fall scent for me.

Trying out my sample of Hanae Mori Eau De Parfum.  As of first application, it doesn't appear to be something I would be interested in purchasing.  However, I am going to see how the scent changes throughout the day.  Occasionally, first impressions are made too hastily and the perfume turns into a winner.  I already like the scent more then when I first applied it...not enough to buy but the scent does appear to warming up nicely.

The scent didn't stay on me for more then an hour so definitely passing this one up.

Are you sure? I know that when I wear Chanel Chance, the smell fades for me super quickly but everyone else can smell it!

Well, guess I am not 100% sure.  I still have more sample so will be trying it again.  Maybe first impression was wrong.  It was okay but not something I have to own.

1 Reply
testing