Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I understand! I picked up this sample too, and I spritzed it on the packet to see if it would be something I'd even consider. I used to love Hanae Mori's Butterfy, but it became too much for me. I haven't tried the sample on me yet though!

Really? Wow, that's too bad 😞 This one hangs around on me for almost all day. 

I understand how frustrating that is, so sorry to hear it didn't work for you!

I still have some so will probably try it again another day, but wasn't initially wowed by it.  It was okay but not something I have to own.  However, occasionally a scent will grow on me if I wear it more.  First impressions aren't always correct.

Jo Malone - Earl Grey & Cucumber. A recent gift which I adore 🙂

Burberry Body- I just love musky/sweet scents lol. So bad at describing perfumes but really love musky-tones and sweet-fruity/floral tones =D

Atelier Cedre Atlas layered with Sud Magnolia. I am loving it!! I don't really like either scent on its own (Cedre is too "spiky," Sud is too sweet), but together they mellow each other out on those regards and it is awesome.

...I really don't need to be adding to my fragrance wishlist, but I may have to spring for one of the holiday rollerball sets if there's one that has both of these.

Yesterday, I wore Atelier Cedre Atlas layered with Mandarin Glaciale...nice scent.  The woodsiness of the Cedre Atlas tones down the citrus notes of Mandarin Glaciale and vice versa.  It makes a very nice fall.winter scent.  What do Cedre Atlas and Sud Magnolia smell like together?  I have also never tried Sud Magnolia but am always looking for new combos 🙂

Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan.  I just keep smelling the incense in it.  A little spice, a little wood.  But it's so feminine and isn't hitting me like I think it should.  Am I asking it to be something that it just isn't?

L'antichambre Chocolat!

I feel like I just walked out of the fanciest Chocolatier. Must, must have!

image.jpeg

Where did you get that?  I need to check it out!!!

My fragrance fairy godmother :x. For serious ❤️

To cute. I'm going to talk to my fragrance sleuth...Mr. Google...

You should! I know that decants are available (mine is one). 

Not cheap!!!  Eek!!

Fragrance is tough for me as many give me a headache though I ADORE scent.

I got a sample of Prada Candy that I really liked so I bought the rollerball. I keep trying! I love rose scent- is the a modern one that has a lot of that?

Twinsies with Mocha today! Wearing my MMM Replica By the Fireplace today. I had tried it lightly when it arrived last nice and am seriously considering it for purchase. I haven't liked any of the other replicas, but I can actually visualize a fire place and *hear* the chestnuts crackling every time I smell it! It has a SLIGHT soapy smell that I'm picking up, which I find to be really off putting and strong in Beach Walk, and I don't know if that has just tainted me. I love everything else about it. 

image.jpeg

Does anyone one know if it is LE? It is exclusive to Barneys, and currently I don't see any promotions and their ebates looks unpromising. Does anyone else know of any promos / discounts they may be offering soon? I have bought from them exactly twice, and that was a few years ago. TIA!

Found my decant of SL Chergui today 🙂 

It's one I really want to love (and do like) but it always seems to be just a tad too sweet on my skin...

Body chemistry is such an interesting thing when it comes to fragrances. Such a shame this one isn't working for you!

Two things today.

On one wrist I am re-trying TF Champaca Absolute (seriously considering a buy of this during the November sale).  Last night it finally occurred to me what it reminded me of and why I love it so... when I was young and we were moving away from my best friend, she gave me a small bottle of lilac perfume from her home in England and CA smells PRECISELY like that, even though lilac is not listed in the notes.  I treasured that perfume for a very long time and was heartbroken when it was gone.

And on the other wrist, I am greedily sampling the new MMM By The Fireplace.  Have been looking forward to it since August.  It's only been about an hour, but I'm not convinced yet...

oh dear lord, why did I have to stop at the tom ford fragrance section in neiman marcus, i don't even want to think about it.  the Oud wood was amazing and Im seriously thinking about tobacco vanilla and Rive d'ambre.   sigh. 

Oud Wood is stunning. Annick Goutal's Musc Nomade is quite similar and a lot cheaper, if you're interested.

testing