Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

You like it? 

I might have more new scents for you to try!!!!

I do! Yes please! Also, the SLs I sent you should be there tomorrow (via UPS) 🙂

Arrived!!!  Love them!  Started wearing them (and so cute!!!).

I am wearing my sample of Tocca Cleopatra.  I quite like it so I purchased the 0.5oz size.  Earlier today I used my sample of Versace Bright Crystal.  It's only okay.  I'll use up the rest of the sample but won't purchase.

Poulage Odora Di Femina

French...with mandarin oil, rose oil, black pepper, musk and amber.  Feminine and complex.

Today is L'antichambre Le Cuir.

I feel like I have spritzed myself with the smell of a saddle.  This one is very interesting.

Today I am wearing one of my new purse sprays from L'antichambre in Le Gingembre

It takes its sweet time to open up, but after it does, I really enjoy it.  At the beginning it has the smell of pickled sushi ginger, but that eventually softens and the rose and wormwood meld with it into something quite lovely. 

Mmm pickled ginger Mocha.....

ahahahahaha!!!  I wish I knew how to make sushi emojis!

Today I wore Tom Ford Noir Pour Femme to work.  I had a couple people ask what I was wearing.  It is my favorite from Tom Ford's signature collection.

I received a sample of Alaia and I love it! Crazy awesome longevity, and the projection isn't obnoxiously strong but definitely noticeable. Might have to splurge and get a bottle. 

Jo Malone Nutmeg & Ginger layered with Vanilla & Anise. My two favorites from the brand. Spicy, lush, and cozy. Great longevity, too, without crazy sillage.

IMG_2133.JPG

These sound amazing. My beloved Nordstrom JM salesperson moved away, so I have to go make friends with someone else at the counter who will totally hook me up with samples.

I am wondering if JM perfumes are ok to wear in the office setting. 

I wear Wood Sage and Sea Salt to work.  However, I absolutely won't wear Tudor Rose to work.  A couple of my others are questionable to me.  I think as long as you pick some of the lighter fragrances for work, and save the sexy or stronger ones for non-work, you should be fine!  I agree to stick to one or two sprays, and it also depends on how they play with your body chemistry.

After taking a very strong "no perfume in the office!" position for many years, I was seated next to a smoker (I work in an open-plan office). I could smell his smoke in my hair, so I decided F that, and began wearing perfume to work. However, when I wear JM fragrance, I wear, at most, two spritzes (neck and wrist), and I don't tend to mix them, as it becomes too overpowering for me. But your office policies (and body chemistry) may vary. 

Oh no! The smoker's smoke would annoy me so so much. Good for you for standing up even if it is just a couple of spritzes 😄

I bought JM Sea Salt and it never stick around on my body for more than 1 hour I thought I should be ok but now you and Lachaton (below) saying just do a couple of sprays making me rethink. Thank you! ❤️

Also, do you have a work buddy you can ask if you smell too strongly of fragrance? S/he could help you gauge your ideal number of sprays.

Other options to try and limit the scent are to spray in less obvious cleavage (cleavage) or to spray a tissue or cotton ball and slip into your bra or shirt. Again - not a lot, but then I find it helps limit the scent to you. 

I have a family member who is very scent-sensitive, so I usually use them to help me figure out how I can avoid bothering others around me!

JM is one of my preferred lines to wear at work. (Now, I admittedly have my own private office, so it's less of an issue for me than it is for other workplaces.) I don't find the sillage to be very big, so in my experience it works well.

Peony & Blush Suede is one my go-tos. Like TKLJ said, I keep the amount I wear to a minimum - only one or two light sprays. Or, I use the body lotion (again, just a little).

Amazing! I should work in your office 😄 I will stick to 1-2 spritzes then. Thank you ❤️

14 Replies
testing