Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Today I'm wearing the Chloe rollerball that I got as a part of the Sephora Favorites Superstars kit. I actually like it a lot even though I didn't like it that much when I tried it on in store a while ago. It's weird how my opinion on scents seem to fluctuate a lot...does that happen to anyone else? 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Yes. I either hate something, meh, go huh, nice, or wow when it comes to a fragrance.

Anything I outright hate goes into the pass-along pile (TM Angel, DKNY MYNY, Desigual Fun, RL Midnight Romance, BALENCIAGA Florabotanica, EJ Nirvana White, Repetto to name a few).

Everything else gets another chance just in case it was a day that my nose wasn't clear or I was too dry to detect the bouquet.

Funny enough, I've never bought any Wows. They usually end up on application #2 or #3 going huh or nice. My thought process is that something in the huh or nice pile I totally run out, I need to buy it in a .03oz size or so. This year I've bought a rollerball of Flowerbomb, TMD Bulletproof, TMD La Vie La Mort, and I am probably going to get Daisy Dreams (I've nearly depleted TWO sample vials of it). Currently also hedging on EJ Nirvana Black or Alien.

I've been very into rose scents lately. I've been alternating mostly between Rosabotanica and Atelier's Rose Anonyme. Both are so yummy I've even been wearing them to clean the house. Chores may never be glamorous, but that doesn't mean a person can't smell great while doing them.

mh

I've been reaching for Byredo's Mojave Ghost quite frequently. 

oh that looks interesting. what does it smell like?

Here are the notes:

TOP: AMBRETTE, JAMAICAN NESBERRY

HEART: VIOLET, SANDALWOOD, MAGNOLIA

BASE: CHANTILLY MUSK, CRISP AMBER, CEDARWOOD

Personally it's unlike anything I've ever come across. Sweet but not in an annoying way. It has this lingering presence that's addicting.

thanks!

I have been loving the new Reveal by Calvin Klein and Jimmy Choo Flash. I really want to buy Flowerbomb though! 

Dior Pure Poison.  I found a bottle in with my nail polishes and rediscovered how much I love the fragrance!

I wind up wearing Pure Poison at least 2x a week, which is a lot for me!

Today I'm wearing Prada L'Eau Ambree, it's so warm and cozy.

90% of the time, I wear Elizabeth & James Nirvana White! I got a sample of this on a whim back when it first came out. Brought it with me on a trip to Seattle, and I've loved it ever since. It's so easy to get sick of perfumes, and when that happens, I always fall back on this one 🙂

I feel in love with it too over the summer!  I'm going to try layering White with Black as a transition into fall.  <insert eyebrow wiggle>

Anonymous Insider

I can't stand white, but Black is growing on me. Trying to decide if I want a full size of it or Alien since the drydown on both goes to Vanilla on me.

I used to only wear Brownie by Demeter, but this summer I really got into Elizabeth and James Nirvana, too.

I love wearing them both together, it has such a sexy vibe.

I feel like the black is just too musky for me. But everyone talks about how the two wear well together, so maybe I should try it. I still have some Nirvana Black samples laying around!

I agree. The black just came off as too musky for me. 

Fame

the gaga juice 🙂

Are you excited for Eau De Gaga?!??>!?!?!?

tumblr_mowxpfbSXs1s8njeuo1_500.gif

YES!! I want to smell it so bad!!

I waited until after Christmas to get the Fame holiday set at Macy's and got it for only $40! Now it's at TJ Maxx for only $30 lol

1 Reply
testing