pretbrat

Tom Ford Black Orchid or Jimmy Choo Flash?

(0) Hearts

I have tried a sample of Flash and love it. I want to buy a full size during the VIB sale. I somehow came across Tom Ford Black Orchid in the website and found the scents to be having a few common notes in them. Has anyone tried them to be able to compare them? 

pretbrat

Re: Tom Ford Black Orchid or Jimmy Choo Flash?

(0) Hearts

Thanks, everyone. I think I ll try it in the store first :smileyhappy: Not sure I would like a stronger fragrance than the flash. 

jojobe

The black orchid is very strong. I mean i just dabbed one on my wrist and smelled it till the next morning. It reminds me of the Victorias secret black orchid but richer. It is spicy like the Jimmy  Choo flash but has way more power to leave a trail if that is what you are going for. This is one that could easily be added into an unscented shower gel / exfoliate to layer the scent. For the power of it if that is a scent you like I would get it because a little literally goes a long way!

rikkie

Smell Flash, then multiply the power of the scent by 10, at least. Add some muskiness, and make it much more of a unisex fragrance in your head. Black Orchid is by far the perfume with the most, I don't know, presence I have ever tried. I put one spritz on my wrist and went to continue shopping but I had to take it off again immediately, because even from an arm's length away the scent was so powerful. I've heard it often lasts even through a shower the next day after wearing it. 

It wasn't for me at all, but some people absolutely love it. Does your local Sephora or other department store have Black Orchid? It's definitely one I'd advise you to smell before buying, it's unlike anything else I've come across!

Lesurion

Black Orchid is the best scent in my collection. It is a wonderful darker scent than Flash (from what I remember at the perfume store). 

iknowitstoday

Jimmy Choo flash is on sale on Groupon for like $49. I have not had a chance to smell tone for black orchid.

pretbrat

(0) Hearts

Ahh.. I immediately looked up online.. the deal has expired :smileysad: However, I found that amazon has it much cheaper than sephora.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • jojobe
    • iknowitstoday
    • rikkie
    • pretbrat
    • Lesurion