Answer
orbi
Spicy, Musky Fall/Winter scent

Normally a sweet & light perfume wearer, I've been searching for something spicy and musky for fall/winter for a couple of years now to no luck. A few suggestions for me to sniff next time I'm in Sephora would be welcomed, thanks!

Not sure that it will help for identifying what I like in the spicy/musky category, but my sweet & light favorites are:

D&G lmperatrice

Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche (the green one)

Prescriptives Calyx

Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
MsJin
Answered

1.) As a musky scent-wearer, thanks for the heads-up on lighter fragrances!

2.) Down to business: what do you mean by "spicy"?  There's floral-spicy (like frangipani and lilly) and there's gourmet-spicy (like cinnamon and clove).  When you say, "for fall" that makes me think more along the lines of pumpkin pie...

If you're looking for something along the lines of floral-spicy, I can definitely help with that.  HIgh on my heavy-rotation list are Jean-Paul Gaultier's Classique and Burberry Brit. 

Classique is a bit heavy though; 1 spray should do.  If that's too heavy for you, there's a whole Classique line with some lighter fragrances.  It's VERY floral with the topmost noticeable floral being orange blossom.  There's a little vanilla, anise, and amber with a hint of ginger as well.  Very complex.  I feel like amazingly sexy when I wear it 

Brit is a pretty sweet for a musky fragrance.  It smells of vanilla and almonds with a little bit of non-descript white flower and woody undertones. (Aside) I work with a lot of men who are always asking what perfume I'm wearing.  One day I made fragrance swatches for them; Brit was a universal favorite.  Sephora also sells it in a rollerball (which is best for a lighter application).

On the newer fragrance front, there's Thierry Mugler's Angel, which is a very earthy fragrance with some patchouli, chocolate, honey, amber... and lord knows what else.  It may even be more complex than Classique, and it's very long lasting.

If those are too heavy for you, there's always L'Occitane Almond Supple Skin Oil.  It has a light subtle fragrance that ripens into an aura as your day wears on...

You might also want to try fragrantica.com which breaks down fragrance notes, functionality and user popularity.

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • orbi
    • bittersweet86
    • mityren
    • viviene23
    • MissAshley91
    • NolaLove
    • MsJin