Smaller/Travel sized fragrances: Rollerball, Spray, or both?

ran8

Smaller/Travel sized fragrances: Rollerball, Spray, or both?

When it comes to smaller size fragrances (can be labeled as To Go, Travel, Purse Spray, etc), do you have a preferred bottle type?  If so, any real reason behind it? 

Are there any fragrances in particular that you would prefer a smaller size to?

For some odd reason, I'm not a fan of rollerballs.  I prefer the effect of a light mist. 

I really like having the smaller sizes around.  Unless I use a sample within 1-4 months, I cannot find myself committing to buying the bottles.  So when I find a purse spray (or smaller spray) version of a favorite fragrance, I'm more willing to buy it.  For example, I have a Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue 7.4ml (0.25 FL oz.) spray that I consider a perfect size.  Plenty of product but will not be collecting dust for years.  Also easy to throw into a travel bag since I prefer lighter scents on vacation.

nursetre

Re: Smaller/Travel sized fragrances: Rollerball, Spray, or both?

(0) Hearts

I have a spray and roller balls of my favorite scent.  I bought the spray packaged as travel and then noticed that the roller ball set of four for a cheaper price was a way better value so I bought that.  I love the scent so I don't mind having so much of it!  I have noticed that even with both at my fingertips, I have been using the rollerball.  I think like some other posters here, I like the control, placing it just where I want in a bit heavier hand than the spray which goes all over and lands all over.  I do not carry a big purse that I would throw a perfume spray bottle in but I can carry the roller balls easily.

smartmint

I like travel sized rollarballs. I like the rollar balls because you use just enough of the product within a single swipe! Also I tend to not buy full sized perfume bottles mainly bcause i wont use it all! By  the time i finish my little rollarball, I am sick of the smell and want a fresh new scent! :smileyvery-happy:

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts
I don't like roller balls. I prefer full sizes for home and samples in my purse...
irishcowgirl

(0) Hearts

I personally like the rollerballs, I feel like there is less waste and it seems to last longer.  Especially parfum oil. 

mermaeg

(0) Hearts

I love rollerballs, I don't have to worry about perfumes leaking in my purse. My favorite rollerball is Boyfriend, the small size is only ten dollars and there's plenty of product. Also, it has a very sexy subtle shimmer when applied, so a swipe on the collar bones is great for highlighting. I also like Harajuku G to go, it's a great scent and it's on sale (!)

tiffanybt

(0) Hearts

Wow. I can't believe I just found this thread. I also enjoyed reading everyones thoughts on sprays and rollerballs. I love the idea of carrying a small 1oz. bottle of fragrance in your purse to freshen up, but agree with Janine that it could get obnoxious when out in public. I love both! I love taking the sprays with me when traveling for convenience and rollerballs when going out at night or just to keep in my purse.

My current obsession for travel sprays is the Dior Addict to Life. I'm waiting for my order to try the Blvgair Jasmin Noir Travel Spray. Can't wait! :smileyindifferent:

Cheers,

Tiffany

mangosong

(0) Hearts

I like rollar balls because I feel like it wastes less fragrance.

gypsyfashionist

(0) Hearts

I have larger bottles of fragrances I like a lot, but I'll buy minis of ones I kind of like (that I don't think I'll use as often or just if I'm traveling/need to freshen up).

My fave travel size ones are ones like look like a rollerball (tube) but have a spray top with cap are my faves since they have perfume but don't take up room in my bag. I do have a few body mist sprays as well that I keep in my bag to freshen up while I'm out.

beautygeek97

I personally like both. I like to carry a rollerball with me when I go places, but I keep my larger bottle at home. I find that rollerballs are easier to control. Both are good though.

<3 beautygeek97

haylolo

I prefer spray but because I would rather avoid my perfume spilling all over my bag, I stick to rollerball when traveling.

queenbea

I love the concept of rollerballs, but somehow I can never get them to work right. I love solid fragrance but hardly ever find any available. I guess spray gets my vote for travel size fragrances by default. Like some of the other posters I wish every scent had a travel size option available.

brookie673

I think it's just a preference. I only own sprays, but the rollerballs look nice. I think roller balls would be nicer for travel because they seem harder to open and spill in a bag. Plus, there seems to be more control over how much product you use. But I like the feel of a spray for some reason. :smileyhappy:

prettyinpa

I like a rollerball better than a spray for small size bottles, it doesn't get as much fragrance in the air, so touch ups are possible in public places. I hate when someone gets the ladies room all smelly, especially when their fragrance is icky smelling anyways! I agree that it would be wonderful if all fragrances came with a travel size option, I would love to be able to try out more types without having to buy the big bottle then returning it when I hate it. 

katixa

l like Tocca Cleopatra in small size not roller ball i would love if they made Gucci  rush in smaller or any Dior in a smaller size

officegal

If I like a perfume enough, I'll buy the full size to keep on my vanity as well as whatever travel size is available to carry with me in my purse. I don't like solids very much, and my fave is also the spray, so I prefer atomizers. But if there's a travel size rollerball, I'll probably pick that up if it's my only option. I won't carry around anything that's heavy, bulky or ornate. I wish all perfumes would automatically release travel size versions along with the regular sizes.

sephoramusthave

I hate rollerballs. But some look like rollerballs but are actually spray type perfumes in travel packaging ( like Escada Taj Sunset--what I'm wearing now). I only use spray and sometimes I like solid fragrances as well. ( I like the Burts Bees Beautiful and almost all the Pacifica ones) Plus most of the rollerballs are SO overpriced. A lot of them are at least 25 bucks and I can get a FULL size fragrance from TJ Maxx, Ross or Marshalls for that same price ( or cheaper!!)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 36 replies
  • 36 hearts
  • 35 in conversation
    • mangosong
    • officegal
    • ssmittys
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • nursetre