Answer
makeupobesessed
Signature scent

I'm looking for a signature scent that ppl will recognize as me.  I generally like floral or sweet scents.  Coach poppy, be delicious, D&G light blue and Clinique Happy are some of the perfumes I've worn in the past.  I don't like rose scents and the Diane Von F i had a smaple of was horrible.  Lately I've been thinking of deciding on a fragrance and sticking with it,  my husband thinks this a great idea.  Any suggestions on perfumes that fit this description?  Does anyone else have a sig scent they always use?  Or is variety for you?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 6
carlamof
Answered

It's unfortunate that you don't like roses because I would recommend Stella McCartney Nude.

As for ones you may actually like, you should try Tocca in Stella, Estee Lauder's Beautiful Sheer, Tokyo Milk's Walz and if you are feeling really adventurous, try the new one from Guerlain and Hermes. Good luck!

viviene23
Answered

Clinique happy was my very first perfume purchase. I've also used D& G light blue and definitely adore it....exccept I smell it frequently on a lot of people. You seem to like feminine sweet florals and citrusy scents and base on that I suggest Carolina Herrera 212, it is feminine and unique...very discernible scent in a good way. I like the original better than the 212 sexy or glam because of the uniqueness. This is one of the scents Ive used where people have asked me before what was I wearing :smileywink: I highly suggest you try a sample of this in the store...it is a beautiful scent.

http://www.sephora.com/productimages/sku/s11023-main-Lhero.jpg

Here's the sephora description:

A long-lasting, off beat, light floral fragrance with musk undertones. 212 personifies today's playfully hip, modern Cinderella. An exciting fragrance experience that wraps the wearer in an intriguing veil of femininity and confidence. Live life in the moment.

Notes:
Gardenia, Mandarin, Bergamot, Rosette, Camellia, White Lily, Satinwood, Sandalwood, Musk.
Style:
A timeless fragrance for all seasons.

projulie
Answered

Hi,

Yes fragrances are so personal and it's definitely rewarding when you find that perfect fragrance that suites you. Here are some of my personal go-to that I can't live without. I also like more light-weight, citrus sweet sort of fragrance so hopefully my suggestions my work for you.

1. Hermes- Un Jardin sur le Toit

HERMÈS - Un Jardin sur le Toithttp://www.sephora.com/un-jardin-sur-le-toit-P375127?skuId=1334952

This is one of my absolute fragrance. It is so delicate, elegant and unique. It has more of a green, sweet fragrance but is just amazing when it wears in for a few minutes. This is like my everyday fragrance. I can't stop smelling it since it's so different then my other collection.

2. Givency- Ange ou Demon Le Secret

Givenchy - Ange ou Demon Le Secrethttp://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=1237452&productId=P258016&keyword=GIVENCHY%20...

This is more of a light, floral, with a hint of citrus to it. This is such a beautiful, romantic fragrance. This fragrance is like my diamond earrings. It's so gorgeous but not too overwhelming. I love this for a more warm but yet light scent. It's so unique!

3. Chloe

Chloe - Chloé Eau de Parfumhttp://www.sephora.com/chloe-eau-de-parfum-P256308

This is a popular fragrance, but for a reason. It's classic beauty. It's soft, sensual, and sophisticated all mixed into one. I absolutely love this for those days that I want a pick me up. It smells amazing and you'll never get tired of it. I love this fragrance to wear into the night because it's a bit warmer of a fragrance.

Hope that helps.

janinebt
Answered

I'm like Diana, I like to have a signature scent or two...but have a tendency to change them up seasonally or annually. Since it's summer I've been reaching for some of my lighter scents.

Kat Von D - Saint

I am obsessed with Kat Von D's Saint. It has this enchanting creamy musk scent which is reminiscent of a warm summer night in a tropical location.

DKNY - Be Delicious Heart NYC

I just started reaching for my DKNY Be Delicious bottle again. It's the quintessential summer scent :smileyhappy:. I may get one of the limited edition city versions of it once I run out. I hear that the London bottle has a bit of a rose note which sounds amazing.

Dior - Miss Dior Eau de Parfum

Miss Dior is usually what I reach for when I'm going out for the evening. It's a playful floral fragrance with dessert-like sweet notes.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
dianabt
Answered

I try to stick to one scent but switch them up so often!

I LOVE the Fendi Fan di Fendi Eau De Toilette which is especially light and clean scented,

Fendi - Fan di Fendi Eau de Toilette

But my signature scent is usually the Miss Dior Eau De Parfum which is light, floral and sweet scented, I love it the best!

Dior - Miss Dior Eau de Parfum

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
kalex
Answered

Personally I think that if you want a signature scent that's just you, you need to stay away from perfumes sold at Sephora and Deptmart Stores.  My mom always (for years and years) wore a scent from a little boutique at a local mall and people would actually say, "Joyce is here!" when they walked into a room she was in.  Granted, she wore a bit much - her nose was immume after so many years - but I think you get my point.

I would suggest looking at local boutiques or smaller perfume houses online.  Tokyo Milk has a line not sold here that you might enjoy (like the Sugar Bomb set).  House of Gloi has a lot of unique perfume oils and they sell sample vials for only $2.50.  Body Time is another small company with perfume oils and other custom scented products that comes to mind.

Good luck finding "you"!

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 12 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • kalex
    • carlamof
    • dianabt
    • janinebt
    • makeupobesessed
    • projulie
    • viviene23