CaitlinBrunson

Sephora Favorites Fragrance Combos

I have the newest Mens and Womens Sephora Favorites. What do you think would be good combos? I love making my own unique scents! 

http://www.sephora.com/fragrance-sampler-for-her-P382350?skuId=1562115

http://www.sephora.com/fragrance-sampler-for-him-P382351?skuId=1562156

mimibel

Re: Sephora Favorites Fragrance Combos

Another idea is to add single notes that are your favorites, I like to add gardenia and rose to existing florals and gourmands, for example. 

lylysa

I would advise playing with swapping scents based off gender. Believe it or not, I've known a handful of guys who wear the ladies version of Light Blue and it smells incredible! Granted body chemistry and pH will play a big role, but the women's version of D&G's LB is even more crisp and airy on men than the men's version of LB.

I happen to have the men's Gucci Guilty and looooove wearing that. I get compliments on it and people always peg the scent as being really unique and as one they can't quite put a finger on but it catches their interest greatly.

i would advise taking a look into each scent and finding their notes and pairing or combining ones that share commonalities to build up on their complexities. This will make matching them up a touch easier, but you can always get wildly creative with taking scents that have varied notes and pairing them. I would advise taking anything with heavier or warmer notes like vanilla, caramel, sandalwood, amber, or musk and laying those down first then a lighter scent on top so they don't mask and completely cover the lighter scent opposing them.

CaitlinBrunson

I'v always taken fragrance as gender neutral! 

lylysa

Good for you! Sometimes the concept of wearing a fragrance marketed to the opposite gender is out of the box, but since you already experiment with scents marketed to men, kudos! :smileyhappy:

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • mimibel
    • CaitlinBrunson