RMOR86

STRONG FRESH SCENT THAT LASTS LONGER THAN 5 MIN????

(0) Hearts

I'M LOOKING FOR A STRONG FRESH SMELL FOR SPRING/SUMMER THAT LASTS LONGER THAN A FEW MINUTES. I'VE TRIED D&L LIGHT BLUE (DOESN'T LAST LONG) CHANEL EAU FRAICHE (MAYBE AN HOUR) AND FRESH LIFE, WHICH I DIDNT LIKE. THE ONLY ONE THAT HAD SOME STAYING POWER WAS ACQUA DI GIOA. I BOUGHT DAISY EAU SO FRESH DELIGHT THE OTHER DAY AND IT WAS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE. $90 AND LASTED ABOUT A MINUTE AND YOU COULDN'T EVEN NOTICE IT. THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANY SUGGESTIONS!!!!

m3rma1d

Re: STRONG FRESH SCENT THAT LASTS LONGER THAN 5 MIN????

(0) Hearts

Light Blue, Chance Eau Fraiche, and Daisy Eau So Fresh Delight are all Eau De Toilette (lower concentrate). That's why they don't last long.

Acqua Di Gioio is an Eau De Parfum, which is why it lasts longer. That one was gonna be my suggestion when I read your thread title, before I read the actual post.

blushnglow

(0) Hearts

I so agree with LauraBellSue and her recommendations from Jo malone.  If you are loving your current collection how about trying dabbing ( I mean a touch not more) of oil on your skin before spritzing?  Oil tends to hold on to the scent. If there is no oil on your skin, all the alcohol will evaporate very quickly pulling the scent with it.  If you're in a pinch, vaseline would do too.  Lotion works if it contains oils.

LauraBellSue

(0) Hearts

Jo Malone makes a ton of fresh, springy perfumes that are of great quality and last all day.  They're pretty potent perfumes.  I love a lot of the fruity ones like English Pear & Freesia and Nectarine & Honey Blossom.  Wild Bluebell is also lovely if you're looking for something that's a little more floral.  When I went into Jo they recommended layering English Pear & Freesia with Wild Bluebell and it is one of my favorite scents.

melissabt

Hi RMOR86-

Have you tried the DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom? It smells citrus/sweet and the dry down is a pretty floral.

dkny.jpg

<3 Melissa
kalex

(0) Hearts

Do you have dry skin?  (I ask because when skin is drier it absorbs fragrance more quickly.)  Even if you don't think your skin is particularly dry, try using an unscented lotion prior to applying your perfume and see if that helps.

CLEAN fragrances are amazing if you haven't tried them yet - 

http://www.sephora.com/brand/brandStore.jsp?searchTerm=clean&brandId=5673

jerseygirl2012

(0) Hearts

I love oils, try Child. Its pricy  but worth it . I also use Bond9 and Creed.

good luck

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 7 in conversation
    • kalex
    • melissabt
    • RMOR86
    • m3rma1d
    • LauraBellSue