Answer
nixi
Recommendations for strong scented body wash/lotion/spray trio?
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

First off, I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong section; I was quite conflicted as to where i should put it :smileyhappy:

I'm looking for a body lotion/body wash/spray, related or unrelated to each other, that will leave the scent on my skin for a long time, longer than an hour like all my other ones do!

Currently, I wash with a body wash my Caress, and then I put on the Twiight Woods lotion by Bath and Body Works, followed by the Twilight Woods spray. Then I alternate between Ralph Lauren Romance perfume or Pink Sugar by Aquolina.

I love to layer my scents, but my problem is that while my shower gel/lotion/spray smells terrific, it does not last long at all, which is very diappointing. But it is why I am on the hunt for a new one! I have tried everyting at Bath and Body Works but nothing seems to have a lasting factor.

I like scents like cookies, cotton candy, etc (put no plain vanilla) or coconut, motre of the sweet smells. I like perfumes such as : Weekend by Burberry, Coco Chanel, and Pink sugar by Aquolina.

I'm looking for all three (showel gel, lotion, and spray) that will last all day and smell really great. I have heard about Lush, Philosophy, Victoria Secret etc but not sure if they are long lasting. It does not matter the cost, I simply want to find products that LAST!

Thanks! :smileyvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
Loqua
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hello Nixi!

I know it can be a disappointment when the fragrances that you layered only last an hour or so, if that, on your skin. A lot of the problem is that most scents sold in stores like Bath and Body Works, and even Sephora, are eau de toilette's. This means that because they are heavier on the alcohol content and not the actual perfume oil, they dissipate fast so you use them up faster (pretty clever of them). Eau de parfum is really expensive, but lasts much longer due to more actual oils in the bottle.

Regardless, since you like sweeter scents like me maybe a few of these recommendations will help in your search. I hope this list will be helpful to you in some way. Try to get testers and wear the fragrance on your skin by itself. Everybody's body chemistry reacts to scents differently, so what lasts on me may not on you. That is half the fun of finding your signature scent though!

• Soap and Glory - most of their products have the same signature sweet, fruity scent and come in a wide variety of lotions, soaps, and even a perfume bottle. So happy Sephora carries this line, I miss it when I shop at Target.
  • Pacifica - Another line that carries lotions, soaps, and perfumes. There are a few scents to choose from but my suggestion is to try the tahitian vanilla line. I think you will like that one.
  • Terry Mugler's Angel - Sweet caramel goodness! Probably one of the most popular "foodie" scents, but with good reason. You can get the gift set with the lotion and perfume, I don't think there is a soap form though. Will be expensive though.
  • Juicy Couture - Most of their scents run on the sweet side, and all come in layering sets with lotions and the perfume.
  • Marc Jacobs Oh Lola - A sweeter, flirter version of Lola, atleast to my nose. Also comes in a layering set.
Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • nixi
    • lylysa
    • Loqua