dll770

Opium lovers! Have any of you found a good replacement scent now that YSL's changed the formula?

(0) Hearts

I've been using Opium for years, as my signature scent.  Since they've changed the formula I've discovered that I am not alone.  You know who you are:  the ones who have been stopped in the supermarket by women who wanted to know what perfume you use.

I can't continue shopping on Ebay for the old formulation.  I've done that once, but as it appears that YSL has bowed to the PETA folk and there is no hope for a return of the original scent, there seems no need to prolong the agony of searching for an increasingly diminishing amount of the product.

I've decided to change as soon as my bottle wears out.  I really have loved using Opium and would like to switch to something that has the same sophisticated yet primeval mix.

Any suggestions?

daeidre

Re: Opium lovers! Have any of you found a good replacement scent now that YSL's changed the formula

Try Fragrantica. They have a few really good features to find similar scents. You can search up Opium, then search by its main notes to find something with the same combination, or you can check Opium's page to see what other members have suggested as similar scents.

kaylakurucz

Re: Opium lovers! Have any of you found a good replacement scent now that YSL's changed the formula

(0) Hearts

how did PETA affect the product formulation?

quixotic

[ Edited ]

The formula change had nothing to do with YSL nor with PETA.  YSL was acquired from the Gucci Group by L'Oreal, and L'Oreal decided to change the formula to "appeal to a younger audience."  This was a pure marketing decision by L'Oreal.   

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • dll770
    • quixotic
    • daeidre
    • kaylakurucz