gingerblack

Non-breakable travel sized perfumes?

Hey, I really want a perfume to keep in my purse or backpack when I am out and about, but I get really paranoid that glass rollerballs will break.

Have any of you had glass rollerballs break? Have you come across plastic rollerballs or some other alternative?

eaugirlspirit

Re: Non-breakable travel sized perfumes?

(0) Hearts

The only rollerball that has broken in my purse was the Aquolina Pink Sugar rollerball (that's a strong one to have break!) I was out to dinner and I smelled like cotton candy the rest of the night. I usually try and get a "purse spray" (chanel has them) for my fave scents. Or I try to find a rollerball with a cardboard travel case (prada infusion d'iris). Otherwise I just chance it. But I second the aluminum travalo atomizer idea!

RMOR86

(0) Hearts

If you like fresh/Oriental smells, Pacific makes a line of solid perfumes. There's also another brand in Ulta I saw the other day but I forget the brand.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I have a few Fresh Sugar rollerballs, and they come in a thick cardboard holder. If I'm not keeping fresh in my purse, I'll swap it out for one I want. IT works like a charm & the top stays on! 

upload_6711824235119371554.jpg

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

I bought sephora brand atomizers. You just fill them with your own favorite fragrance. Best $ I ever spent!

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

those always leak on me :smileysad: 

lilmissmodel14

(0) Hearts

Yes :smileysad: my tokidoki glass rollerball broke in my pencil case... I stick to plastic containers for now on.

killahbabe

I definitely recommend an atomizer! I travel frequently with my husband and we typically only bring carry-on suitcases, so no full-size perfumes for me when I leave home. Definitely try to find one with a good seal that is leak-proof. I can't tell you how many times I've had inferior atomizers leak (although I always seal them in ziplock bags separately). One that I would recommend would be from Travalo they make both spray and rollerball options. Nordstrom's also has a decent one.

syritt

I save the bubble wrap bags I get candles in for that. No kidding. Plus it makes it really easy to find in your purse and has an instant stress relief component already attached if necessary. ^_^

I've also had good luck with the pretty colored duct tapes, but if you don't want to do all the extra work, an atomizer or solid perfume is your best bet. Though solid perfumes you still have to be careful with cause they can come open and get things in them, or melt in high heat.

spoiledbrat

Two rollerballs have broken in my purse, V&R and Eternal Grace by philosophy. Bummer cause the EG is now discontinued. Because of those experiences, I no longer carry rollerballs. I got a small metal V&R atomizer as a GWP and that is what I use now. Works great.

You are wise to be careful.

gingerblack

Oh no :smileysad: thanks for telling me though, now I definitely won't try it. I think I'll try a solid perfume or a metal atomizer.

saturnwings

Stick perfumes.  Don't know of any brands that make them currently (to be exact, I don't know of any of the few I wear), but years ago, Este Lauder made Beautiful in a stick.  It's great, and I still carry it around in my purse.  It looks like a thin lipstick and made of metal so no breakage worries there!  I see solid perfumes now and again (didn't Daisy come in a ring form or something?), though not always in stick form, so I know they get made.  

In any event, I think solid is the way to go.  I've never had a rollerball break on me (carried them around in a backpack in the days when I wore those backpacks), but I'm still hesitant to carry glass vials of liquid around.

gingerblack

(0) Hearts

Yeah that is a good idea and I didn't think about that. I just need to find some now that I like :smileyhappy:

properandlovely

Have you checked out the Travalo perfume travel bottles? They are travel sized perfume bottles that you can fill with any fragrance. if you google Travalo and go to their website, it will show you what it is and how to use it. I think they are around $10

upload_979848950514287452.jpg

properandlovely

(0) Hearts

I just checked and they are $15.99 but retailmenot has some 20% off coupons

gingerblack

Oh thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • killahbabe
    • spoiledbrat
    • eaugirlspirit
    • saturnwings
    • bombshell30