shoddy

New fragrance?

HI, I would love to know if anyone could help me find the name of a fragrance?  I smelled it over a year ago and still haven't figured out what it could be.  A lady in her early twenties was wearing it, it smelled like a cross between caramel/ sweet, but floral at the same time.  It's NOT Prada Candy, or anything I have smelled since.  Any help would be appreciated.  I realized later I should have asked her what she was wearing....

trigatee

Re: New fragrance?

(0) Hearts

Viktor + Rolf Flower Bomb? That's a lovely sweet one. You might take a look over at The Perfumed Court's website and get one of their sampler sets if you really, really can't find That One. Good luck!

carrie1975

(0) Hearts

I would try Guess by Marciano. It has a  caramel sweet smell.

BlushHoarder

Burberry Brit - Sheer?????

Think of the bright side, you are going to discover some great perfumes while you are on your hunt!

youarethebest

(0) Hearts

I've always liked Philosophy's "Falling in Love".  Sweet, floral and very unique.

ragdoll4mom

(0) Hearts

Clinique makes one that is sweet yet floral smelling.  I can't remember the name of it right now.

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

This just hit me like a brick wall was it Angel by Thierry Mugler or Miss Dior Cherie?

kalex

(0) Hearts

What about Jessica Simpson perfumes?  I remember sniffing her first one when it came out and thinking it was similar to Pink Sugar in sweetness.

kalex

(0) Hearts

Yeah, if you haven't sniffed Fancy yet maybe give it a try.  It's described as, "pear, gardenia and jasmine mixed with notes of amber crystals, apricot nectar and caramel. Further hints of vanilla creme, sandalwood, red fruits and toasted almonds."

shoddy

(0) Hearts

Thanks for all the suggestions.  But yes, I have smelled Pink Sugar and this wasn't it.  Had more floral tones to it, and honestly smelled like nothing I have smelled before.  I will stay on the hunt for this wonderful scent.  By the way,  has anyone smelled Jo Malone?  Could it be a mix of two or more of these scents?  

dannyc

(0) Hearts

Yikes! I always ask someone what they are wearing. Remember, perfume will smell different on other people depending on how their oils react with the fragrance. 

I wear Burberry Brit in the fall a lot. Last week when I was at the grocery store I asked a woman what she was wearing because it smelled divine! I kept thinking "I need that in my life"! Her answer... Burberry Brit, it doesn't smell like that on me :smileysad: 

LCResz

Hmmm, assuming it is something Sephora carries, I agree with some other posters who suggest Pink Sugar. I like it, even though sweet smells are not my faves. This one has a nice drydown that isn't just SUGAR in your face.

Or it could be something from Victoria's Secret given the likely age of the young lady you described. I don't buy perfume from VS, but my students practically bathe in the stuff, so try some of those scents out just in case.

pinkonyx

(0) Hearts

sweet but floral? Fantasy Britney spears, Dreams by Mariah carey, Brit by Burberry. Maybe.

anaa

(0) Hearts

It sounds like Pink Sugar.  I wear it all the time.

spoiledbrat

(0) Hearts

i think you are going to be spending a lot of time at perfume counters - maybe Bath&Bodyworks? - who knows - i understand, i went thru this with an Annick Goutal and the difference between their EDT and EDP is night and day, they do not smell like the same fragrance

garnett

(0) Hearts

Have you sampled Pink Sugar?  It definitely has candy elements but there is also florals in there.  One of my favorite scents is Jimmy Choo and it has caramel/.toffee and also floral note.  That's what comes to mind as possibilites. 

KisaK

What about Issey Miyake?  It has that hard-to-place (yet unforgettable) essence that's both sweet and floral...

1930sbella

(0) Hearts

Have you smelled any Gucci perfumes? If not, I would try those and see. Good luck, hope you find it!

shoddy

Thank you for your help, beautylovingirl.  

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Your welcome any time at all! Did you find out what it was??

shoddy

(0) Hearts

No, I tried that particular scent recently.  Not that quite that floral.  I am thinking it may have been a unfortunately higher priced scent like Hermes or something I have no way of ever affording, lol.  I am a total perfume addict and try almost every new perfume I can sample in the stores.  And, this scent I smelled a year ago still escapes me...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • kalex
    • shoddy
    • dannyc
    • anaa
    • spoiledbrat
    • beautylovingirl