ivyxox

New Jo Malone limited edition purfume

Jo Malone is going to launch another limited edition perfume silk blossom at the end of April. It is available in both 30ml and 100ml and the packaging is so pretty ( it does look like silk blossom).The notes are white pepper, silk blossom and moss. I wasn't too impressed with London rain collection, but I might be getting this one. What do you all think?jo-malone-silk-blossom.jpg

ivyxox

Re: New Jo Malone limited edition purfume

photo.JPG

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

Finally went to get my silk blossom bottle today! Received 16 samples :smileyhappy:

On my way home, I stopped by Sephora  to made a purchase and the cast member is a big fan of Jo Malone too. I showed her the JM perfume bottle and she was so happy to see it so she offered me 2 deluxe samples LOL.

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

Sounds like a great day! 16 samples and 2 deluxe!!! Will you post a pic up?

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

will post a pic shortly :smileywink:

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

The 16 samples are perfume samples from JM. My fav SA from JM is always generous, usually gives me more than 10 samples because I like to put them in my purse.

2 deluxe samples are from Sephora ( Ren skincare)

LCResz

(0) Hearts

I have been playing around with this scent and I love it layer with my c.o. Bigelow lemon no. 1999, so fresh and girly but not little girl, ya know? It works with any citrusy scent really well.

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

There is a new cologne intense called Angelica and something (LOL my local SA forgot the name) coming up in fall :smileyhappy:

lucyshnoosy

(0) Hearts

I spritzed this yesterday at Nieman Marcus.  It's lovely.  Aargh - now I have another fragrance on my wishlist! 

mochahantas

(0) Hearts

Is this a fresh, clean scent?

LariTheLoud

I think it's more on the lightly sweet side than fresh/clean. I have mixed Silk Blossom with a sample of White Jasmine and Mint and it produced a very feminine, summery/springy, fresher scent. If you're looking for a fresh/clean Jo Malone, have you tried White Jasmine and Mint or Grapefruit? (Personally Blackberry and Bay is my favorite and I'd describe it as fresh, but there is a bit of tart sweetness that might not jive with that.) I think English Pear and Freesia, though a little sweet, is quite a nice light and fresh and feminine scent. I also find Wild Fig and Cassis to be quite fresh, contrary to what you would think! It is not sweet, but it smells very woody and leafy, very green. It's more fig leaf than it is fig fruit. 

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

Hahaha I have blackberry, english pear and wild fig! I'm still testing out silk blossom, the scent is very light and fresh. It lasts only 1-2 hours on me:smileysad:

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

Whoa, seriously?! It lasts longer than that on me! That's insane!

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

I feel like my skin is "drinking" all my perfume LOL To be honest, no perfume lasts on my skin, I don't even know why :'(

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

Ok, so it's 8:30pm and I still smell the Silk Blossom on me. I put it on at 10:15am and never reapplied. That's why I went for this, though, because it lasted so long and seemed to transform throughout the day... I am feeling so sad that you lose it after an hour or two!

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

OMG really?  The most long-lasting JM for me is Nectarine (probably 6-8  hours). The rest only lasts 4 hours on me tops :'( It is probably due to the dry weather in Toronto? 

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

Or I'm just really moist? I have no idea. I always spritz on fragrance right after I shower, immediately after applying lotion/moisturizer. The longest-lasting JM I've tried is Orange Blossom... especially in combination with Blackberry and Bay, which still smelled quite fresh after hours and hours of wear. Red Roses lasted awhile on me, too.

It's so strange how different people and different climates can affect how long scents last!!!

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

I just checked - I've been wearing this for 4 hours now and I still smell it on me. That's such a sad shame!

ChiTheReal

(0) Hearts

Hi. Does anyone know where I can get this one in-store in Canada? because there is no online store for it within Canada. 

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

Jo Malone is sold exclusively in Holt Renfrew in Canada. If there is no Holt Renfrew in your area, I think you can place an order over the phone and give them your credit card info, they will deliver it to your door:smileyhappy: Hope this helps. My local SA mailed me some samples because I'm too lazy to go to the store:smileytongue: Not sure if every SA does that, but they should! But it is not available yet, my local SA told me it will become available at the end of May or beginning of June. Which city do you live in? Try to email the closest Holt Renfrew to you, I can give you my SA's email too if you want. Alternatively, you can go to ebay :smileyhappy: Hope this info helps!

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

I honestly have no idea. :smileysad: If you can't buy from Jo Malone's site directly, I am not sure! Sorry. I hope someone else can help you.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 73 replies
  • 68 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • poemelyric
    • aviscardi
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • floridab
    • lucyshnoosy
    • ivyxox