Joannimation

MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA REPLICA Beach Walk?

Has anyone tried this perfume? I saw it in Sephora's list of best sellers and saw that it's out of stock right now, but I've never heard of it. From the description, it sounds lovely.

I usually rotate between these perfumes: Burberry Summer, Marc Jacobs Daisy eau so Fresh, Armani's Acqua di Gioia, Prince Harvey's Hello, and Folle de Joie eau de parfum. (I have a bit of a perfume obsession.)

If you're familiar with (any of) these scents, could you advise whether I should consider getting Beach Walk?

Thanks!

TheSocialQuota

Re: MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA REPLICA Beach Walk?

(0) Hearts

I'm in love with it and my only complaint is the base note being Benzoin. That equates to a very long lived (hours since I put it on post-shower) progression of the fresh ozone smell, the beach, and then hours and hours of vanilla.

I don't want to smell like a sugar cookie, otherwise I'd buy Alien.

What is the next best thing to this scent without the vanilla/Benzoin?? I swear it reminds me of the Bonne Bell Playful scent I used to wear. <3 I just wish it was in a smaller size that didn't hurt the $$$, and then I'd forgive the vanilla.

Joannimation

(0) Hearts

Now I'm tempted to get more MMM! All this talk of how lovely the line is reminds me how much I loved my Flower Market and Promenade in the Garden samples. MUST. NOT. BUY.

TJBPINK

I got a sample of Beach Walk a couple of months ago & fell in LOVE from the moment I tried it! I hated that it cost $125 but I just had to have it. It was out of stock for several weeks so I stalked it & as soon as it came back in stock I bought it. It's my new favorite perfume - unlike any other perfume I have. It has such a lovely fresh scent that really does remind me of the beach - sweet & salty at the same time with hints of a sunscreen type smell but so much better. Some scents can give me a headache but this one is perfect & has great staying power as well! 

starsandbucks

I've been on a pretty good low buy but this thread could put me over the edge! The nice thing (or maybe not!) about perfume is that a bottle really does last a long time so it's easy (or easier) to rationalize an expensive purchase. Hmmm...*thinking*thinking*

i also really love the Jazz Club scent, even though it's supposed to be a men's fragrance. 

Joannimation

I think the Jazz Club is a unisex scent. It's kept in the same place as all the other MMM Replica fragrances in the store. Plus, the bottle is not that masculine, so I think it was made with women in mind. Men just get an excuse to join in on the fun :smileyhappy:

lachaton

I'm so tempted by the Jazz Club scent but my lcoal store doesn't carry MMM! I'm just not sure how often I'd end up wearing it - it strikes me as a definite evening scent.

Joannimation

I know what you mean! The spice and muskiness make it a heavier scent that is a bit too much for everyday. They should make a smaller bottle of that one since 100ml (and $125) is a pretty big commitment for something you'll only use once in a while.

lachaton

YES! A smaller bottle would be delightful. Or even a mini set of the fragrances!

Joannimation

OOO a mini set would be perfect for the holidays! Let's hope they lurk around BT and see this hint :smileywink:

Joannimation

(0) Hearts

Thanks ladies! I went to the store and got samples of each. I got the Lazy Sunday Morning, but The entire line is just lovely :smileyhappy:

lachaton

(0) Hearts

I've had my eye on Lazy Sunday Morning for a while, but it was OOS so I went with Beach Walk when I ordered mine :smileyhappy: 

I really love Beach Walk (and I receive so many compliments on it!) but Lazy Sunday is so tempting.. 

Joannimation

(0) Hearts

Have you sampled it yet? At first, I wasn't sure about the scent because it sort of just smells like soap. But when I stopped wearing it, I started missing it. I guess I just really like that fresh and clean scent!

My only complaint is how quickly the scent wears off. I feel like I need to apply every hour :smileysad:

lachaton

I haven't sampled it yet, because there's only one store I can make a trip to that has it available. As soon as I'm already in the area I'm going to stop by to test it out :smileyhappy:

starsandbucks

It's really, really nice. Very special. It's on my wish list and I've only held off because it's a bit pricey. But it's a beautiful scent. 

beachbum123

hey!!

I got a sample of this perfume and i FREAKING LOVE IT!!! sorry for the caps lol its just showing my love for this perfume lol. Anyways, it definitely reminds me of the beach. It lasts all day on me!! Its a every day sent for me. 

Give it a try! Go to your local Sephora and check it out. If you dont live near a sephora (like me) go on ebay or amazon and find a sample. I got a sample on ebay and I fell in love after my first whiff lol. 

hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • lachaton
    • TJBPINK
    • Joannimation
    • starsandbucks
    • beachbum123