mw23

Looking for a refreshing body wash

Now that summer is in full force I'm in need of a body wash that's going to leave me feeling refreshed at the end of the day. 

I'm *this* close to purchasing a bottle of Lush's Dirty shower gel , but before I do I wanted to find out if there's something else out there that I would enjoy.

My idea of refreshing includes clean, herbal, minty and citrus notes.  Definitely nothing sweet.  I like a strong scent, nothing too subtle. My taste may even verge on masculine.

A few "fresh" shower gels I've tried already:

Lush Dirty Shower Gel - Minty and herbal without smelling like tooth paste - my favorite

Clean Shower Fresh - Love the scent but wish it was stronger and the formula wasn't so runny

H20 Sea Lotus - Okay, but something about it was too artificial for my nose

Bliss Lemon Sage - Pleasant scent, but it wasn't strong enough for me

AlwaysGlamorous

Re: Looking for a refreshing body wash

[ Edited ]

I 100% recommend the Jack Black Performance Remedy Turbo Wash Energizing Cleanser for Hair & Body. I originally bought this for my boyfriend because I wanted him to stop using Axe body wash (EW!) and then I fell in love with it too. 

I actually redeemed the men's birthday gift because theirs is a 3 oz travel size of this! So now I have my own to tote along to the gym. I LOVE it! The rosemary, eucalyptus and juniper berry combo smells amazing. Fresh, clean and truly energizing. I feel just awesome when I use this stuff! 

upload_881889376497802706.jpg

dejena

Ooooo, I'll have to add this to my list of things to get for my guy, so I can use it. Thanks!

heartsmyface

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Aveda has a rosemary mint body wash which is really nice and cooling:smileyhappy:.  

chrimmie12

(0) Hearts

I love the Malin + Goetz bergamot body wash.  Very refreshing, and the whole line is unisex, but more geared toward men, I feel.  It smells better than the Bliss Lemon Sage, imo.  However, the M+G body wash isn't super foamy or lathery, if you are into that.  

jemly

(0) Hearts

kiehl's coriander bath & shower liquid body cleanser is my JAM. god the smell is so good, very fresh but different. a bit masculine but not in any obvious/stereotypical way. so good.

theramenlover

I am a huge, huge fan of the Trader Joe's Tea Tree Body Wash! It's super refreshing and has tea tree (duh xD), eucalyptus, and peppermint oil! Plus...it's only $4? Definitely a good buy if you happen to live near a Trader Joe's!

upload_4289507417259089445.jpg

m3rma1d

[ Edited ]

Dr Bronner's Castile soap in Peppermint is my fave. Huge 32oz bottle is like $10 and it leaves your skin feeling so tingly and cool. Doesn't smell like anything when rinsed off, but the cooling sensation lasts a while! Also it's all hippie dippie all-natural no nasty stuff if you're into that kinda thing. But seriously even if you don't care about all that (I don't, really) it's still great!  

AlisG

I love Dr. Bronner's! I use the Lavender one as a hand soap and I find you can just refill your soap dispenser about a 3rd of the way and fill up the rest with water and it works SUPER well ... Plus then the Dr. Bronner's lasts forever!

m3rma1d

OMG yes, for-ev-verrrr!

for ev ver.gif

I got my peppermint a loooooooooong time ago (over 2 years or more) at Trader Joe's for $10 and I'm not even halfway thru.

AlisG

Haha I love this!! But it's so true! I've had mine for a year (it's like the second smallest size they offer) and I'm maybe a 3rd of the way through... I was just using it concentrated for a while too.

mw23

Thanks for the suggestion!  I've looked at this product before and wondered how it was.

RandeeBT

Hi mw23!

One of my favorite shower gels is Philosophy's Senorita Margarita Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath. This scent of this shower gel has a lot of citrus notes including lime. The scent doesn't linger much after I shower, but I have that this shower gel lathers really nicely and doesn't dry out my skin. :smileywink:

Best,
Randee
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • theramenlover
    • mw23
    • AlwaysGlamorous
    • chrimmie12