sangova

Let's talk candles

Recently I started enjoying lightning up candles at home. Why didn't I realize how great they smell before? :smileyhappy:

I purchased a couple of them from BBW, a couple from Pier 1, and a few from Ross. I really liked the peach smell from BBW :smileyhappy:

So I started looking up candles more, and I was really surprised when I saw a $80 ones. I think I'd never justify a such price for a candle.

Who likes candles here? :smileyhappy:

What are your favorite smells, brands, places to buy them? 

Please enable me :smileyhappy: 

poemelyric

Re: Let's talk candles

(0) Hearts

I used to love Illuminations Candles (I'm dating myself, LOL) but then they were bought out by Yankee Candle about 10 years ago I think.  Yankee Candle still carries a few of Illumination's hit candles but not all.  Illuminations was awesome because they had a candle of the month club that I loved.  It was about $150 and they would send you a large jar candle every month.  I loved Illuminations Pineapple Cilantro candle but I think that the Yankee Candle version is a bit different but it's still good.  I also love Yankee's Pumpkin line (Pumpkin Buttercream, Spiced Pumpkin, ect.) and their long discontinued Baby Powder...  I love BBW's Moonlight Path and the discontinued Black Ameythst.  I usually buy them online through Yankee Candle and BBW.  I still have some Illuminations candles that I stockpiled when they were bought out but they smell so pretty that I haven't burned them yet, LOL!

starsandbucks

(0) Hearts

I'm not a candle person at all because I have two extremely clumsy cats and I'm prone to falling asleep while watching TV but I randomly got a coupon in the mail for a free 3-wick candle to Bath and Bodyworks. I must have a credit card to one of their parent company stores because I haven't been in a B&BW in years. But I picked up "Mahogany Teakwood" (I like scents that smell like men's cologne) and I really like it. If the poor sales girl hadn't been so pushy (I think she was bored but oh Lord I could not sniff in peace) I'd actually go back and browse and maybe and buy the home oil stuff.

ireneh

My favorite are from Anthropologie. I got a few from their winter sale at a major steal (between $5-10). A few of my favorites include the pumpkin souffle and frosted maple. They both smelled heavenly and remind me of fall/christmas/happiness :smileyhappy: Plus the anthro candles almost always come in a cute packaging, so I save them to store makeup brushes, lippies or pens! Score!

upload_2622521133749266738.jpgupload_3881378725404359093.jpg

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I'm surprised how much I enjoy my latest Diptyque purchase- Choisya.  It's perfect for spring!

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

Hey! I remember that you go to SFSU too, and if you enjoy bath and body works, you should go to the one in Stonestown. They are closing up the store tomorrow, you can get some great discounts! I picked up 3candlesband 2 bottles of hand soap for like $12. 

chocopudding

Completely off topic, but at first I read the topic as "Let's Talk Candies." It wasn't. And then I was sad.

RandeeBT

[ Edited ]

That would be such a fun post, chocopudding! Everyone could talk about their favorite candy! :smileytongue:

Best,
Randee
crayzeeRN

We can talk about candies too :smileyvery-happy:

beautyjunkie990

Yes please!

beautyjunkie990

(0) Hearts

I recently picked up a Peach Blossom one from Nordstrom Rack and it smells AMAZING. Not sure of the brand, but it was around $14 which I think is a decent price considering the size of it. It comes in a really cute, springy jar too. There's some other scents in the same line that are perfect for Spring as well. And what I love about them  is that they're not too strong. Very subtle and pretty! Can't wait to buy more.

crayzeeRN

For all those candle lovers out there, Yankee Candle has some great promos going on right now. $1 tarts, votives, and car fresheners, and a bunch of items are 4 for 20!

Code: 4SHIP25 gets you free shipping over $25, AIR77 get you 20% off everything, DM403X gets you large jar or tumbler candles BOGO. You can only use one promo code per order :smileyhappy:

hackneyfl

(0) Hearts

You are able about the enable huh?!??! Gotta find a way to put a stop to you!!! ;-)

crayzeeRN

Call 1-800-ENABLE to speak directly with crayzeeRN about all your enabling needs :smileyvery-happy:

melicherrytart

(0) Hearts

I  have heard of (and tried) soft-wax soy candles that are a good moisturizer for one's lips.

For some reason, in any type of wax, I have had difficulty finding certain general common fragrances.

lylysa

Though waxes are commonly used in varying degrees in the cosmetic and skin care world, especially in lip care products, I wouldn't be all to gung-ho in jumping into slathering on wax from soy-based candles. Though you may not have any any issues thus far from your personal experiences, candles are not required to detail out ingredients, nor do they tend to regularly include a full ingredients list. Even if the grade of soy wax used is safe for bodily application, the fragrance oils, dyes, colorants, and other ingredients may not be body-safe.

Try sticking with brands that offer products specifically for the lips to ensure the ingredients will minimize as much of a chance for possible irritation or reactions. Jack Black, Anthony Logistics, Fresh, and Bite all have amazing lip balms and tints to check out.

Sn4rky

(0) Hearts

Ok I have to rave about this here... I was hesitant about the scent of the Rainforest Sugarcane candle from BBW, but I bought it since I had a coupon and I can't get enough!!  It smells so fresh, clean, but slightly sweet.  I've burned through so much of it already and I just got it barely two weeks ago!  It's the perfect "room scent."  Highly recommended for spring!

MermaidBarbie

(0) Hearts

I LOVE candles. Scented ones. I purchase mine from Bath and Body Works. I love how it effects my mood -- in a good way.

sydmarsis15

I'm a BBW candle hoarder :smileyvery-happy: they smell fantastic, but I do HATE the fact that they're only a good deal when they're on sale so I tend to go a bit over board on the 2 for $22 :smileysad:  they make my whole house smell fantastic, though!  I do have to agree that some scents at Walmart actually aren't too shabby lol, you just have to smell them all. 

sangova

Girls, you're all amazing! So many brands, suggestions, and favorites in this thread! 

My Spring Breaks starts next week and I'll create my personal candle shopping list :smileyhappy: 

newandaddicted

I know folks don't like shopping at Walmart BUT they have some $5 candles(mainstay aromabeads) that blow my woodwick AND BBW candles out of the water.  They don't have as many scents but they are cheap and will have your whole house smelling great!

My all time fav is Woodwick's cider.  I have to order it online, but I burn it and it calms me.  LOL

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 120 replies
  • 133 hearts
  • 44 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • eadelaide1
    • daisies121
    • poemelyric
    • jxw200
    • weeeeweeeeeee