sangova

Let's talk candles

Recently I started enjoying lightning up candles at home. Why didn't I realize how great they smell before? :smileyhappy:

I purchased a couple of them from BBW, a couple from Pier 1, and a few from Ross. I really liked the peach smell from BBW :smileyhappy:

So I started looking up candles more, and I was really surprised when I saw a $80 ones. I think I'd never justify a such price for a candle.

Who likes candles here? :smileyhappy:

What are your favorite smells, brands, places to buy them? 

Please enable me :smileyhappy: 

CuriousCannibal

Re: Let's talk candles

BBW candles are AMAZING, and I stock up every season. right now I have about 10 fall candles left...whoops. But i still want to get a few of the spring scents.

Yankee Candle has some nice candles, but there have been only two that I really loved. Summer scoop, i believe, which  smells like strawberries, and Comfy Sweater (or something like that) which I had a mini of, and regret not purchasing the full size before the season was over!

I think the most expensive candle I have is from Tocca. I got a mini in the scent cleopatra last year (which made me buy the perfume, and they're totally different scents, but both still amazing!) and after several months I finally decided to buy the big one. I'm so glad I did!

Lately i've been looking at candles on etsy too...but I haven't purchased any. I'm trying to keep my hoarding down, hahah.

jxw200

anthropologie has a great selection of candles that are more affordable than the high end brands... I particularly love the capri blue volcano candle, which might be one someone already posted in the thread. 

in any event, i LOVE candles. I find BBW for the most part to be too artificial smelling.  Diptyque is really quite impressive if you're not a fan of artificial. Very unique scents - i love roses and feu de bois. their holiday exclusives are great as well. I also really like neom candles - they burn beautifully, i believe are soy based and just smell SO good. 

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I think we have similar tastes! That Anthro candle (…which I just dropped and shattered on Monday) is one of my favorite scents, if I'm thinking of the same one (it's citrusy smelling). I love Feu de Bois (the only current Diptypque I own) and Roses is so lovely. I wanted to try their newer releases (Infini, Ciel, etc.), but I think they might be limited edition. :smileyhappy:

etscore1

Completely agreed on the BBW. It's just too much and I always end up regretting purchasing things in mass quantities just because they're on sale. I'd rather buy less of exactly what I want/like for the same price. Like Volcano. <3

I might have to check out these Diptyque scents. Where's a good place to check out the selection? 

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

That's what I feel about BBW too! I love Diptyque, their scents are not as strong as other brands :smileyhappy:

linda711

I love BBW candles too, but my favorite candles are made by For Every Body.  They have a website and I used to always get them at Kohl's, but they don't have them on their website anymore.  They have a birthday cake candle to die for (I love foodie candles)!  Everyone that walks in while I'm burning it wants to know what I'm baking. They're usually $10 or less on sale and they last a long time.  Good stuff!

sangova

(0) Hearts

I've never heard of those. Thanks for introducing me to a new brand :smileyhappy: 

ivyxox

This question might sound a little bit weird. How do you guys light the candle when it reaches to the bottom?( big candles). I just can't seem to light the candles without burning my thumb :smileysad: 

sangova

I have those really long matches, the one you use at BBQ parties. 

etscore1

Get yourself a couple of these puppies.

lighter

lylysa

Another tip, take a piece of spaghetti and light that to use to transfer your flame from a shorter lighter. It takes to flame relatively easier than using a wooden skewer and when you snuff it out there's no strong scent left behind.

ivyxox

Thank you! That's an awesome tip!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

You're welcome!

jozkid

Oh my word, your knowledge knows no bounds! :smileyhappy: I've never heard that one, that's excellent!

lylysa

I picked it up somewhere quite a while back and it just stuck with me. Before I was using kabob skewers or even spare wooden chopsticks from take-out places, but it takes longer for the wood to burn then catch the flame. There's a little tea light jar I have that's got a stick of spaghetti sticking out of it and I keep it next to all my candles/lighters.

Jana0313

I just bought 6 from bath and body works while they had the 2 for $22 sale. I LOVE the scent coconut leaves. I burned it about 4 days ago and my room still smells like it. I also really like the wood wick candles. They seem to carry the scent well too. 

sangova

(0) Hearts

I got 2 of them during this sale :smileyhappy: But I think I must return for a coconut one :smileyhappy:

kiml50

(0) Hearts

I usually only buy candles for the jars they come in lol but kohls had some awesome smelling food network candles a couple months ago (not sure if they're still carrying them) I bought like 20 of the pancake ones and they smell so good. I've been looking into Diptyque candles but I can't really justify the price...anyone wanna enable me? Haha

ivyxox

Just got a new mini diptyque candle! A lot of candles smell very artificial and I'm trying to find some cheaper alternatives too. I just feel like I'm literally burning my money LOL

Mini size is around $35 and burn time is 30 hours. 

Regular size is around $70 and burn time is 90 hours. 

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

I LOVE farmstand apples and fresh bamboo from BBW! Smells refreshing!

I really want to try the surprise jewelry/ring in a candle, but I wish i can smell the candle before buying.

StyleLynn

(0) Hearts

BBW candles are my absolute favorite. I used to be all about Yankee but I enjoy the scents at BBW more and they offer more frequent sales. I really love their sweet scents and anything themed around baked goods is a must buy for me! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 120 replies
  • 133 hearts
  • 44 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • eadelaide1
    • daisies121
    • poemelyric
    • jxw200
    • weeeeweeeeeee