mrsgouthro

Kenneth Cole RSVP dupe.

I am looking for a cologne for my husband that is similar to Kenneth Cole's RSVP. Something with that legit woodsy scent.  We are at a complete loss for what might be available.  

Debra12

Re: Kenneth Cole RSVP dupe.

(0) Hearts

Especially if he is a fan of the lavender, I might recommend Casanova from Histoires de Parfums. It starts with a lavender/anise scent and goes into an almond, cedar, and vanilla-almond base. He might also like Old Scratch, Wilde, and The Scales of Deprivation. I hope those recommendations help you find what you are looking for.

btmod2

(0) Hearts

Hi mrsgouthro,

After doing a little research, I was able to see that Jay Z's gold fragrance has some of the same notes as Kenneth Cole's RSVP. 

Another comparable fragrance is Cartier's Déclaration d'Un Soir. This fragrance also has comparable notes to Kenneth Cole's RSVP. 

I hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

Best,

Randee

lylysa

(0) Hearts

I would suggest London from Burberry:

Burberry - London for Men

The KC RSVP scent is described as having top notes of lavender, pepper, and grapefruit; heart notes of iris, orchid, and ceder; and base notes of sandalwood, patchouli, vetiver, and cashmere woods.

Burberry London shares the lavender and pepper (uses black pepper), the citrus is shared via bergamot (while RSVP uses grapefruit), guaiac wood and oakmoss provide that hearty wooded scent, while the grassy, green note of the vetiver is found in the use of opopanax.

You might also look into L'Homme Cologne Gingeombre from YSL.

Yves Saint Laurent - L'Homme Cologne Gingembre

It shares the zest with citrus (bergamot), contains white pepper, and is infused with cedar wood, oakmoss, and vetiver to round it off. This fragrance does contain some lighter aspects of aquatic notes and ginger to give it some freshness so it's not too heavy on the senses.

Another take on a wooded fragrance is Homme Woody by Kenzo. Kenzo - Homme Woody

Atlas cedar wood and vetiver provides the strong grounding for this scent while also allowing black pepper to provide gravity. The unexpected portion of this is brought on with mint, basil, and rosemary for a sharper, cleaner touch of aromatic herbs.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • lylysa
    • Debra12
    • mrsgouthro