Takobunadze

Jo malone perfume?

ive never used jo malone perfumes, because there is no store nearby. i heard about jo malone perfumes combination. what does it mean? you use two kind  perfume at the same time? and if i spray only one for example dark amber and ginger lily its wont be as good as combination ?? thanks in advance

crayzeeRN

Re: Jo malone perfume?

I am totally falling in love with the Nectarine Blossom & Honey after getting a sample in a TSB! This will probably be a purchase soon! :smileyhappy: Definitely intrigued to smell more of her scents too :smileyhappy:

starletta8

(0) Hearts

That's on my list to sample soon!

LauraBellSue

I love Nectarine and Honey Blossom!  I usually don't like such sweet fragrances, but for some reason this one just makes me feel so fresh and happy.  Great scent for summer and spring.

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

I wore my sample of Nectarine Blossom and Honey today, and wow, I'm a little in love! It's a little bit on the 'too sweet' side for me, but I've had people (... ok... like my husband, LOL) remark that I "smell nice," but he did not think it was perfume at all! 

Yep, definitely returning for that GWP on Friday/Saturday. Should have new fragrances in the April Hauls soon enough.

LariTheLoud

Okay, ladies, I've got a scoop! I went to my Jo Malone counter today at Nordstrom and picked up a few samples. While I was there, I found out that this weekend they are having an event with an awesome GWP! They told me it's with a $150 Jo Malone purchase, and it comes with a small cologne bottle (Blackberry and Bay), lotion, aaand.... I think an oil? And a bag and maybe something else. I'm planning to go back this weekend and pick up some fragrances, because after smelling a handful, I'm in love. I have no idea if this is just an in-store event or if it is also online. I thought you'd all like to know!

mafan

This weekend?  I have just been curious about Jo Malone scents (but of course the Nordstrom nearest to me doesn't carry them while the other two in the area do).  But they've got a GWP this coming weekend?  Which is, of course, Easter weekend and I'll be away. 

Probably just as well considering the damage that I've done with sales recently.  But I won't be too far tomorrow from a Nordstrom that does carry their scents so I might at least try to get some samples.

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

I took a whiff of it at the counter and I was really impressed by how bright and verdant it smelled, followed by a really fresh... wet brambly branch scent? I suppose that's the best way I can describe it. It was much more interesting, bright, and fresh than I expected. I want to buy a fragrance or two this weekend, but it's hard to narrow it down to a couple!

blushnglow

(0) Hearts

Yay!!!  Thank you so much for sharing!! Another Jo Malone Convert woohoo!!

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

I'm really super interested in the Blackberry and Bay Jo Malone scent. Anyone who has this - how would you describe it? I'm planning to get over to my Nordstrom and take a whiff in person, but I'd like a sense of what to expect. :smileyhappy:

starryeyes331

(0) Hearts

I have a sample of the Blackberry and Bay (I really like it, and am contemplating the full size bottle). On me its not as sweet, kind of more fresh (I guess thats the bay coming through?).

I have the small bottles of Pomegranate Noir (a very sexy, heady & spicy night time scent), Earl Grey and Cucumber (a fresh, light scent & kinda citrusy), and the Wild Fig & Cassis (my favorite out of the three - its kind of like the Dyptique Philosikos, but not as coconuty). I'm really lusting after the Rosewater & Vanilla Intense Cologne, but my boyfriend doesn't like rosey scents even though to me it smells like cotton candy and incense.

LauraBellSue

I have a few samples of Blackberry & Bay and actually like it quite a bit.  It's very fruity.  Definitely a feminine perfume.  What I love about it though and what I think makes it stand out is that it has these light, woody undertones that help cut the fruitiness.  I can't describe it perfectly, but it makes me think of leaves in the rain or bamboo shoots.  All in all it's a nice fresh scent.  I think because of the dry, woodiness you can get away with wearing it all year round.  I spritzed it on just now to remember how it smelled and now I'm wondering why I don't wear it more often!

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

That's great to know! I am not looking for a sickeningly sweet perfume. I'm not really a fan of scents that smell like candy, for example. The woodiness with the fruitiness sounds rather perfect for me. I'm hoping to get out there sometime today to sample, but if not, then later in the week. :smileyhappy:

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

I love it too! It smells like freshly-picked blackberry ( I don't know what bay leaves smell like, only used Bay leaves for cooking :smileytongue:).BB & B is a very delicious scent and it is the next on my list too along with English pear and Freesia :smileyhappy:

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

Blackberries and blackberry picking reminds me of summers in my hometown, so it's a scent that sounds like it will really appeal to me. I'll definitely ask for it at the counter next time I'm at Nordstrom!

starletta8

You've gotten really great answers. I know that I'm looking at my first Jo Malone purchase, but that it won't be my last.  One of the fun parts of fragrance is making it yours.  Personally, I'm looking at Peony and Blush Suede as a stand-alone simply because I don't want to "start something new."

LCResz

Peony and Blush Suede is an amazing stand alone scent! what I. Love best about JM is how the fragrances can transform perfumes you already own. Vetyver added to anything makes the scent fresher for example. Using the Oud and Bergamot dry oil as a base makes every perfume I wear with it much more musky and sexy. 

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

How's Jo Malone dry oil? I want to get the dark amber and ginger lily dry oil, I think it would be perfect for a floral scent :smileyhappy: Also, I can't commit to the 100 mL bottle :smileysad:

LCResz

(0) Hearts

It is heavenly to use, it takes a small amount to completely moisturize your arms and legs. I have both the Oud and Bergamot and the Dark Amber and Ginger Lily. Each one deepens whatever scent you wear in a different way, but even worn alone they leave your skin feeling silky smooth, especially after shaving. I bought the during the holidays and I have barely made a dent in them. Very worthy investments.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Somewhat related to this topic, I've been loving a new group of scents lately, so I'm starting on a personal project: Pulling the various notes from the scents that I already own and those that are own my to-buy list to see what it is that may be calling out to me- and what in my collection might satisfy that lemming.

I know little about scents other than "I like it" or "I don't like it," so I'm trying to start educating myself. I think also knowing what various notes are complimentary would also be useful knowledge in the future for scent layering.

spoiledbrat

(0) Hearts

Blue Agave + Vanilla and Anise = the scent of nirvana

Takobunadze - after using Jo Malone your nose will become more discerning of scents. Some scents that you liked before JM, you might not enjoy after JM.  The JM scents are clear and true.

Since you do not have a JM close to you, contact a Jo Malone shop inside of Nordstrom and they will send you more than two samples. They will also alert you to specials and promos. Do not wait on promos as they usually last a day or two before supplies are exhausted.

Have fun and enjoy your Jo Malone adventure. You will become addicted like no other.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 25 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • spoiledbrat
    • starryeyes331
    • mafan
    • crayzeeRN
    • lucyshnoosy
    • ivyxox