Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

I've searched high and low and haven't found a dedicated Jo Malone thread, but knowing how many of us enjoy JM products I though it'd be nice to have a place where we can share upcoming news and our favorites.

My all time favorite is Blue Agava and Cacao, followed by Peony Blush Suede.

I just picked up Basil and Neroli, which to my nose is a dead ringer for Bobbi Brown Beach! As I love Beach, I think this fragrance is going to be a new fave come the spring. It is different enough from Lime, Basil, Mandarin to justify owning both in my collection. Basil and Neroli emphasizes the Neroli while LBM is heavy on the basil and lime, which give it a more herbal edge.

EDIT: Updated Jo Malone and Jo Loves perfume collection (100ml, 50ml, 30ml, dry body oils):

E5A3283C-FBA9-4302-814B-5934FDD8BAF6.jpeg

Re: Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

@LCResz, do you know if this new, limited edition Scented Mementos collection will make its way to North America soon-ish? 

IMG_6070.jpeg

IMG_6071.png

IMG_6072.jpeg

IMG_6075.jpeg

@itsfi The new collection is available on JM’s UK website, such a departure with their packaging, I know I’ll be collecting all of them, you?

IMG_0266.jpeg

The notes as provided on Now Smell This:

Emerald Thyme ~ inspired by an antique medicine bottle; an aromatic fresh citrus with lemon, petitgrain, thyme, rosemary, moss and geranium.

Ginger Beer ~ inspired by a brown glazed ceramic ginger beer bottle; with cinnamon, amyris, vetiver and roasted oak.

Musk Memento ~ inspired by an antique ceramic soap dish; with mallow, aldehydes, lavender, cedar, white musk and amber.

Passiflora ~ inspired by an antique British botany book; a floral with cardamom, honeysuckle, vanilla, passionflower and tonka bean.

Looks liked these show up over Nordstrom now @LCResz @itsfi 

@blackkitty2014 @itsfi @ChristalM Passiflora is my favorite, followed by Emerald Thyme, then Ginger Beer, with Musk Memento not doing anything for me at all. They are indeed cute but itty bitty! Worth the price? Only if you can get them for a discount honestly. 

@LCResz @itsfi  I picked up the Passiflora this weekend and OMG such an AMAZING fragrance. I was sad to see it is only a 30ml bottle. I am debating buying two more before it is gone 😞

Passiflora is marvelous, isn’t it @ChristalM @LCResz?!! I hear ya on the size of the bottles. Cute but tiny. Cute. Buuut tiny!! That apparently only gave me a slight pause though. I picked ‘em all up! 😆 They layer well with each other but so far I like Passiflora a lot. The musk one I’m least fond of - am trying to figure out what it would layer well with. 

Ahhhhh!!!!! I'm so excited @LCResz! Thank you so, sooo much for the post and the tag! The packaging looks amazing. While I love the Jo Malone aesthetic for the most part, I have to say that I really appreciate the presentation for this limited edition collection. The notes on the fragrances look interesting too, though I have to say, I'm a smidge hesitant about the Musk Memento - musk notes don't always agree with me, but the other notes seem like it might balance that out nicely. 

I feel like I have some homework to do this weekend; maybe I'll find myself in the neighborhhood where the Jo Malone boutique is located. How convenient would that be? 😉 Do you think this will be exclusive to the boutiques? Hmmmm... may need to put some feelers out to some department store counters... 

Yes! No official release date in the US has been released but if it follows the pattern of other LE releases then it’ll be available in early April! The bottles look to unique, totally different from the old rectangular and more recent cylindrical bottles! 

Thank you @LCResz! The bottles are very unique; it’s part of the draw for me!! 😍

Spring Blossoms 2024 release now available directly on JM’s website, but will be available via other retailers soon. The three scents are re-releases in the cylindrical packaging with turquoise tops: Yellow Hibiscus (from the Blossoms 2021 collection); Yuzu Zest (Yuja from the Blossoms 2020 collection); and Sunlit Cherimoya (Tropical Cherimoya from the Hot Blossoms 2018 collection). 

I was not crazy about Yellow Hibiscus, and I still have a fairly full 100ml bottle of Cherimoya, but I might get the Yuzu Zest since I liked the Yuja in its original release.  

IMG_5019.jpeg

@LCResz, I missed the Hot Blossom Collection in 2018 so I’m sorta inclined towards the Tropical Cherimoya. 

Looks like Valentines will se the return of JM’s Rose collection in new packaging! IMG_0214.jpeg
I love all of these rose scents, and the packaging is really cute, so I may be tempted to get them!

@LCResz @I got the Rose & Magnolia during the sale. It just arrived yesterday and oh mine I love it. It smells soooo good. I tempting to get another bottle to telling my hoarder self that they will bring this back next year with a different cute design. I think I will get the Rose Blush if I can hunt down a discount somewhere 

Red Hibiscus Cologne Intense, from the 2021 Blossoms release, was originally packaged in a cylindrical bottle with a spherical top. It is now joining the permanent collection in the traditional rectangular bottle with silver cap. I like the red glass look, but as I have barely used my first bottle I don’t feel the need to pick up the rerelease, however this makes me hopeful that old favorites, like Vetyver and Bitter Orange and Chocolate, will return as well 🤞
IMG_0205.jpeg

Back for the Holidays: the perennial Orange Bitters, the modern classic Green Almond & Redcurrant, and the return of Ginger Biscuit! All of the packaging for the holidays will feature striped bows in different festive colors. The advent calendar is already available on their main website! IMG_0200.jpeg

I want the bow @LCResz @itsfi ! 🤣 I’ve not sniffed any of these. Do you guys love them?! I seem to have the worst time getting some JM to last on me! 😭

Not just you @Sunnysmom . JM last about 4 hrs the most on me. Sometimes I don’t mind though. I think the classics scents tend to last longer. I probably imagine it since the love their old stuffs more 😘

That’s a good point @blackkitty2014 ! Sometimes it’s a good thing! So many solid fragrances from JM! 

@Sunnysmom I adore all three of these holiday scents. Typically I don't wear Orange Bitters on its own. I usually layer it with something musky to help balance the heavier fragrance. The Green Almond is super fresh and green and a great light winter scent. And Ginger Biscuit is well, my absolute favorite. It's warm and spicy, just a touch sweet but not vanilla. I love it and have received so many compliments on it when I wear it. TBH, I've rarely had an issue with JM colognes lasting on me, but both the GA&RC and GB are two of the longer lasting JM scents *for me*. 

Thank you bunches for your info @quspork ! 🥰 I will write this down! I am drawn to the idea of Ginger B so it’ll be fun to sniff these. That’s wonderful you get so many compliments on it as well! ☺️

523 Replies
testing