Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

I've searched high and low and haven't found a dedicated Jo Malone thread, but knowing how many of us enjoy JM products I though it'd be nice to have a place where we can share upcoming news and our favorites.

My all time favorite is Blue Agava and Cacao, followed by Peony Blush Suede.

I just picked up Basil and Neroli, which to my nose is a dead ringer for Bobbi Brown Beach! As I love Beach, I think this fragrance is going to be a new fave come the spring. It is different enough from Lime, Basil, Mandarin to justify owning both in my collection. Basil and Neroli emphasizes the Neroli while LBM is heavy on the basil and lime, which give it a more herbal edge.

EDIT: Updated Jo Malone and Jo Loves perfume collection (100ml, 50ml, 30ml, dry body oils):

E5A3283C-FBA9-4302-814B-5934FDD8BAF6.jpeg

Re: Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

I had Silk Blossom! I just finished it. It was ok to me; it didn't last very long. I really want to smell Plum Blossom. Osmanthus also sounds really interesting.

I read the review about Silk Blossom is pretty but doesnt last.  I probably skip this collection and get the Armani/Prive 

PIVOINE SUZHOU instead.  Not sure if that one lasts a bit better.

Just wanted to share my attempt at a poptastic bottle painting 😄  I might choose different colors next time but it was a lot of fun!  I don't feel ready quite yet to paint on my 100ml bottles, but I have one more 9ml bottle to practice on

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

Anonymous Insider

This looks amazing. You did a great job with that bottle 🙂

@Madeline7:  This came out really well - I love the colors that you  picked! Great job with the DIY! 🙂

This came out great!  So adorable!

This is so cool.  Did you use nail polish?  Or some other type of paint?

@Halcyon7 I just used basic acrylic paint but I'd imagine nail polish would work as well!

Fantastic! Very beautiful!

I got my order today. Unfortunately the bottles did arrive hot (I seriously am going to have to wait for the weather to change before ordering online >.>) so I don't know if that effected the scent but I was disappointed. I ordered the English Pear & Freesia and got the Basil & Neroli for free, I chose samples of Blackberry & Bay and Peony & Blush Suede. I don't like ANY of them.

The English Pear one smelled like a musty old den, like a grandfatherly smell. Which isn't terrible! But I was definitely expecting something a bit more feminine.

Basil & Neroli is the one I liked the most but the best I can say is that it's "meh". I wouldn't buy it. I think my husband will like it though. It's green and fresh and clean smelling but it's just not something I can see myself wearing.

Blackberry & Bay. LOL. I was trying these out with a friend and I didn't think this was completely bad until my friend said all she could smell was cat pee. I get some sort of plant smell underneath the initial sharp smell but I certainly don't want anyone thinking I smell like cat pee.

Peony & Blush Suede smelled like candy right out of the bottle but it dried down to a very musky smell which was confusing. The candy smell was too sweet but then it was too masculine smelling.

I'm sad because I REALLY wanted to like these but I'm going to have to make a return.

Try mixing English Pear and Freesia with the Peony Blush Suede and see if you like that @Froley

I got my order today, as well as some new paint colors to use on my bottle!  I'm going to start with a 9ml tiny bottle I have, so I won't be devastated if I make it fugly 😛

I'm feeling really mixed on the Orris & Sandalwood.  I found it initially a little offensive...really peppery I think?  It had a sort of sour feel to it, and I really didn't get much violet or sandalwood.  BUT twenty minutes later...its settled down into something pretty nice.  It has some spice still but its gentler and more floral.  I think I'll like this on days where I want to feel "edgier" than my usual florals lol

Thx for the mini review.  Hope the scent will grow on you 😉  I'm still waiting for the UPS guy to knock on my door 😉

The Poptastic colognes are sold out 😭😭😭

i hesitated because I was making big non-beauty purchases back to back last week. I just wanted to wait past the weekend, but noticed this morning that they're gone :'(

Edit to say -- pls tag me if you see the Orange Blossom miraculously reappear! In the meantime, I'm also considering just painting a plain bottle 😛

@whitepolkydots they are both still available on the Korean website if you're willing to pay for international shipping xD

@Madeline7 nooo!! Hahahaha i hate paying for shipping with a dumb passion lol 😛 but thank you for the tag! I do plan to follow your painting footsteps with the 9mls 🙂 love your bottle!

Join me in my bottle painting experiment!  It will be fun!!! 😄

@LCResz, I don't think I say this yet but I'm floor just looking at your JM collection Heart 

Thanks, it quickly became an obsession since I love to layer fragrances and make things my own 😄 One day I'll organize my minis, they're all mixed up right now because I ran out of display room (my husband drew a hard line about monopolizing all of the surface area in our bedroom!)

Sounds liked my household @LCResz.  My hubby complains about i took over all the bedrooms 😉

Has anyone tried the Rare Teas? I just ordered it online and the price has me nervous.

testing