DesertRose0706

Ideas for how to repurpose perfume bottles!

[ Edited ]

I am a couple spritz away from finishing my first full sized perfume, a 1 oz Chloe, and i am trying to come up with a way to use the bottle, once the perfume is gone.  It is kind of a difficult shape to work with since it is basically a cube, but I hate to just throw it away because it is so pretty!

I'd love to hear any ideas you may have on how to reuse it, or ways you have reused other empty perfume bottles!   Thanks! :smileyhappy:

imagesrrrrrrr.jpg

LadyInWhite

Re: Ideas for how to repurpose perfume bottles!

How do you get the sprayer portion off of the bottle?

LCResz

You need needle noise pliers.

LCResz

Just found another cute idea: mini snow globe! All you need is water, a couple of drops of glycerin, and glitter in your favorite colors and shapes. 

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

that sounds really cool!  I will have to try that!

killahbabe

I love the snow globe idea! Perfume bottles always seem so whimsical to me anyhow so this would be such a perfect re-purpose! :smileyhappy:

kssweetheart

You could put water & food coloring in it and them mix some flameless candles and beads, glass rocks and/or crystals around it for a warm accent in any room. You could mix other bottles & colors and it would be really pretty if you displayed it all on a mirror. Maybe that would look pretty. I hope you'll let us know what you end up doing, fun seeing how creative people are. Have fun with it. :smileyhappy:

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

Ooooo!  This is a good idea too!  I never would have thought of it!  And a flameless candle would be kitty-friendly too!  Thanks :smileyhappy:

LCResz

Maybe you could use it as a reed diffuser or turn it into a mini lava lamp! It is a cute bottle, it would be a shame to toss it!

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

I am intrigued!  What is a reed diffuser?  And how would one go about making a mini lava lamp?!  OK, i'll Google it lol

kimchikween

The reeds soak up the scented oils and diffuses the fragrance into the air

upload_5203338499670288002.jpg

photo credit: favecrafts

prettyinpa

You can get mini sprays of flowers from the florist and put them in the bottle, after you remove the spray apparatus. Or one stem of a bigger flower.

kimchikween

upload_6547725646395163159.jpgphoto credit to lulupowers

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

very pretty!  I think I am definitely going to do something with flowers :smileyhappy:

Nicrohr

this is so pretty and what a cute way to reuse a beautiful bottle :smileyhappy:!

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

yes, i think this would look great!  Thanks :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

If it's the kind where you can twist the top off, refill it with something sprayable you use (water, toner, alcohol to sanitize), or colored water or sand to make it pretty.

If it's not, then paperweight, bookcase ends, and if it's not heavy enough then maybe glue a decorative stone or something on the bottom. You can even put it in your fish tank (but wash well first!) so it looks like a sunken treasure or something.

DesertRose0706

Those are some good ideas!  I especially like the fish tank one, although I don't have any fish (the cats would terrorize the poor things).

I was thinking maybe I could take the metal part and sprayer off, then use it as a mini vase and put short, dried flowers in it.  Using your idea, maybe I could fill it with pretty sand THEN put flowers in it...hmmm...THEN use it as a bookend!

ChicDabbler

Haha, that sounds pretty, but if it's a sand-filled bookend, make sure you seal the opening with some wax, hot glue or something so if you accidentally tip it over you won't get sand everywhere.

jojobe

Yeah, nobody likes sand in the cracks.....

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 40 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • killahbabe
    • jojobe
    • ChicDabbler
    • kssweetheart
    • DesertRose0706