poemelyric

I looked this up in Search and I couldn't find this topic.... First Perfume?

[ Edited ]

I was going on Fragrance to see if I could grab up some stuff with my 20% coupon.  When doing a search, I came across my first perfume ever!  Love's Baby Soft!!!  I can't believe that it's still kicking around.  Back in the 80's when I had my spiked green/blue hair and goth look perfected, I would never leave home without a little spritz here and there.  I'm kinda shocked that they still sell it.  It was $6.99 a bottle back then now it's apparently gone up to 12.19!  What memories...

So, what was your first perfume?

EvangelineDamon

Re: I looked this up in Search and I couldn't find this topic.... First Perfume?

(0) Hearts

My first fragrance was like many others, Bath and Body Works in the 6th and 7th grade. Country Apple was the best until whenever I smelled it, I started associating it with not so great memories. My first true fragrance was Givenchy Very Irresistible when I was in High School. I got it super cheap at JCPenney's pre-Sephora. I still love it, but now that I am older, it is so hard to pick just one signature scent. Has anybody ever tried or heard of Soir de Paris?

kssweetheart

Re: I looked this up in Search and I couldn't find this topic.... First Perfume?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

My true first 'perfume' love was my Grandmothers 'signature scent'. She wore White Shoulders, I still have a bottle of hers that's stashed away in my 'little girl jewelry box'.There are a few petrified drops in the bottom of the bottle and I open it on occasion and it still smells Delish - even better than current bottles of White Shoulders that I've purchased and wear on occasion.

Thanks for starting this thread, the memories are as sweet as the scent of our first favorite perfumes. :smileyhappy:

btw - I was a Loves Baby Soft girl too, and so was my poor dog. She was not as big of a fan as I was. :smileytongue:

MsChrissie

I loved Sunflowers and Dewberry from The Body Shop, before I 'graduated' to Society by Burberry.. Yes, I was a teenager in the 90's. 

etscore1

(0) Hearts

I wish every topic started with this disclaimer - "I looked this up in search and I couldn't find this topic..." 

Bravo OP.

hydee77

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I'm pretty sure Baby Soft was mine as well!  I remember getting it at the now defunkt Dave's Deep Discount back in middle school which was basically a drug store along with some other odds and ends.

I also remember using Calgon's Hawaiian Ginger early on. :smileyhappy:

lylysa

I'm not sure if it's the first fragrance I used, but it's the one I have the earliest memory of wearing:

Calgon's Sparkling Raspberry, after that it was Bath & Body Works' Mango Mandarin body splash. I also used Juice Bar's Gummy Bear body spray. As far as veering off from body sprays, I had a rollerball for some cola-scented perfume I got ages ago at Sears (I can't even remember the name), but my first "big" fragrance purchase was Escada's Island Kiss.

RandeeBT

I was all about the Calgon body sprays back in 8th grade! :smileyvery-happy:

Best,
Randee
heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

My first was loves baby soft. Then exclamation. 

LilySmith75

(0) Hearts

My very first one was exclamation too !!!! lol my second was Liz Claiborne.. I felt wow!!! Wow!! Great Memories!! :smileyhappy:

starletta8

(0) Hearts

My first "real" perfume was Clinique Happy.

Geminichilde

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

upload_3382663102204015585.jpg

Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, I felt so grown up! But for most of my high school years I pretty much bathed in  used Bath & Body Works Country Apple Body Splash.

upload_2472183803278116748.jpg

annec322

Mine was Candies.  Bought at Burlington Coat Factory when I was 16 and went there with my father.  I've certainly come a long way since then!  

image.jpg

msbronzegoddess

My first perfume was Sweet Honesty from Avon

AFD3926B-3AA8-4036-9A93-341D541304D9.jpg

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

I remember this!! I was 'too young' for perfume, but my friends mother sold Avon and I couldn't wait until she got the deliveries from Avon, think it was every other Wednesday - how and Why do I Even remember that?

Loved their little lipstick samples too......wish More cosmetic companies would pick up that idea....(not so subtle hint)

What a nice memory you just gave me, so funny. :smileyhappy:

NurseCupcake

resize.jpg

Loves Baby Soft... I went through SEVERAL bottles of this :smileywink:

dollface131313

o.3016.jpg i can't be 100 % sure but i think tommy girl was my very first real perfume , if i smelled it now i'm pretty sure i would get sick lol there also used to be an eddie bauer perfume me and my friends all wore 

DevSea

upload_1876391833248495179.jpg

Cucumber Melon by Bath and Body Works...Ah, let's take a moment of silence to remember the days when BBW scents didn't smell identical to one another.

Heatoyos1

(0) Hearts

Yep, my first body splash was totally Cucumber Melon!!

bfuller

Ohhhh-myyy-goodness!  About to reveal how ancient I must be because I'm going waaayyy back...

Back when bottles were as amazing as the product itself.

AVON definitely had the market for bottle marketing:

upload_965440098887341195.jpgAnyone remember Charisma?

upload_5194606304832654078.jpg

Or Timeless?

Then there was Estee Lauder's Youth Dew!

upload_803915312182629728.jpg

Ahhh, memories!!!  :heart:

mdelrosario91

I think my first was Britney Spears Curious! It's that one with the blue bottle and atomizer. I must've been about 12 or 13 when it was first released, and I was one of those girls who HAD to have it! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 84 replies
  • 168 hearts
  • 66 in conversation
    • eadelaide1
    • mberteig
    • hydee77
    • anaa
    • poemelyric
    • lyravega