kimchikween

How to use perfume samples in small bottles (screw top)

I got a bunch of samples of perfumes poured into these tiny bottles that have a screw top - not the sample tubes we frequently get.  2 are eau de parfums but the other 2 are intense perfumes I want to put on lightly/sparingly.

Any suggestions on how to use these samples - perhaps pour them into another container?   I love these new perfumes and want to use them but don't to waste a drop (too expensive to buy the bottles :smileywink:  )

carrie1975

Re: How to use perfume samples in small bottles (screw top)

(0) Hearts

I bought glass rollerballs that you can reuse over and over again. I used a toothpick inserted into the mini  and tipped it over into the rollerball container. The liquid flows down the toothpick and no spills. I prefer rollerballs to sprays since you can control exactly where you want the perfume to go.

LindaDD

(0) Hearts

How about getting an atomizer? The Sephora ones look like they are a funnel version which would allow you to pour in perfume and then spritz it out.

http://www.sephora.com/silver-universal-atomizer-P303342?skuId=1377308

dianabt

I remember when these mini pour bottles actually CONTAINED a built in sort of plastic stick in the cap- made it so much easier to dab the perfume right on without risking pouring the bottle out all over your wrist. :smileysad: lol

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
malday

Maybe you can pick up some small disposable pipettes? Like the kind you would use in a high school chemistry class.

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Haha..I was actually thinking about that (ah..reminds me of high school stoichiometry)  or mixing sticks - especially for the more potent scents

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

botles.jpg

Here's what I got..hopefully I can be careful enough with the "suction" method and not spill the whole thing on myself :smileylol:

janinebt

(0) Hearts

I agree with Diana! That's generally what I do :smileyhappy:.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
tashalicious

some actually have little pump sprays now, but for those pop off tops i do what Dianabt suggested

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Right but the ones I have are not the typical pop top or pump spray samples - these are actual, tiny bottles with a screw top...so no option to spray from the bottle 

dianabt

Hi kimchikween, 

I normally just pour the bottles out without actually "pouring" them onto my skin- does that sound right? Like I will take the little pop tops off and then press the bottle to my skin almost in a suction motion- pressure so just tiny amounts are put onto my skin. 

This is the best way to use the perfume but without putting yourself at risk of losing any of the liquid trying to transfer it to a new bottle! :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • malday
    • dianabt
    • janinebt
    • carrie1975
    • tashalicious