LadyInWhite

How does TSA/EC react to small unmarked perfume atomizers?

(0) Hearts

I'm going on vacation in Europe next week.  I'd initially been planning to bring a mini perfume bottle, or a handful of samples, but I'm pretty sure my carry on (I'm not checking any bags) will be put through the wringer on the trip, and I'm worried that the glass will break.  I've got plastic disposable atomizers that hold about 10 mL, but I don't know if TSA/EC will allow this or not, given that perfume does have alcohol in it.  Has anyone ever done this?

SallieSunshine

Re: How does TSA/EC react to small unmarked perfume atomizers?

(0) Hearts

I agree with everything below. Put them in your quart bag with your other liquids, don't carry any one item greater than 100 mL, and you *should* be fine.

I will say that in terms of how TSA will react to atomizers - or anything - the answer is "you never know." They publish SOME rules and regulations, but individual security officers are always authorized to make their own decisions on the spot, whether they comport with what you see online, experience in other airports, etc.

mafan

(0) Hearts

Just put it in your 3-1-1 bag with any other liquids.  You should be fine to carry on perfume samples if you pack your luggage properly.  Any liquid has to go in that bag.  And since you're carrying your bag on you only have to put it under your seat (stick your quart bag in your purse) or put it carefully in your carry-on bag.  It shouldn't get bounced around like larger luggage does.  Pack it in your socks or something if you're carrying your bag everywhere when you get to Europe.

Airports, especially international ones, sell large bottles of perfume and people take them carry on with no problem, so the alcohol in your little atomizer is not a big deal.  Just don't buy anything overseas anywhere other than your final airport if it's bigger than that little baggie.  Otherwise your bag will have to be checked, including if you have a connecting flight in the US since you'll clear customs and reboard at the first airport in the US that you reach.

knadala

(0) Hearts

I have used a plain metal atomizer as well as a small clear plastic atomizer, both times the TSA didn't even remove it from the ziplock it was in, which contained a bunch of other stuff. I think they have so many people to review that they only bother investigating atomizers if they see something about you or your luggage that seems even slightly suspicious.

A handful of times, I forgot to take my ziplock with liquids out of my duffle bag and they just let me go through security without a second look.

It's probably luck too :smileyhappy:

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

As long as it does not exceed 100mL, it should be fine. If you are still worried, you can check with your airline.

kas045

(0) Hearts

I just got back from Florida on Friday with am atomizer in my carry on and there was no issue at all. 

friedrice

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Yea, just make sure all your liquids are in the ziploc approved bag and you'll be ok

I always put my perfume/primerserums in a tiny bag -->(like the ones the SA gives you when you ask for samples)

I do these so it doesn't leak with my other makeup inside that bag.

It looks like this, and then I put these in the approved airline plastic bag, so no spills :smileyhappy:

(hope my description is not too confusing) lol

*frequent traveler :smileyhappy:

mrsbaine

(0) Hearts

I travel with atomizers all the time in my carry-on. I keep it in my liquid approved bag and there are no questions. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • friedrice
    • mafan
    • mrsbaine
    • ivyxox
    • LadyInWhite
    • knadala