kmaquillage

Hit List: Best Long-Lasting Fragrance

[ Edited ]

Hello All!

I've been looking for the perfect light, floral scent that lasts all day and can't seem to find one. I'm in love with Jo Malone's English Pear and Freesia and Peony and Blush Suede, but neither lasts more than four hours, even when layered together. I really love E&J Nirvana as well, but it doesn't last either:smileysad: The best I've found so far in terms of lasting power and sillage has been Balenciaga Florabotanica, can anyone recommend some slightly sweet florals that don't need reapplication during the day?

Thanks!

Kristina

leftysass81

Re: Hit List: Best Long-Lasting Fragrance

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Balenciaga's Rosabotanica is my absolute favorite because it last! Everything else I have to keep applying touchups. :smileysad:

chocopudding

(0) Hearts

Hmm..staying power might depend on your skin too, but I've had Rosabotanica last all day for me. Dior Blooming Bouquet also has decent staying power, too.

If you find that scents don't stay on you, and if you don't mind perfume on your clothes, sometimes a spritz on your shirt might last longer. 

pinkonyx

(0) Hearts

Gucci rush

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=GUCCI%20Rush%20P4965&skuId=336545&productId...

It is a white floral and is sweet, but not too sweet. Last so well. 

spoiledbrat

(0) Hearts

JM Peony and Blush Suede is a favorite of mine as well, along with Nirvana and V&R Flowerbomb. My experience is that Jo Malone can be spotty with scents lasting.  Recently I have been rotating Ralph Lauren Midnight Romance and Repetto. Repetto is the lighter of the two, but both last all day for me. Sephora carries both scents which should make it easy to get samples. Good luck finding a new favorite. :smileyhappy:

onehotmutha

Viktor & Rolf FLOWERBOMB has been HANDS DOWN, my longest lasting (and most delicious) fragrance of all time!! Very soft and sexy and floral...ugh i love it!! 

TheSocialQuota

If you are looking for a MJ set instead, I can't speak highly enough of the Daisy Dreams line. A floral that I don't find annoying and has accompanying lotions and etc. It is on my own buy list. :smileyhappy:

TheSocialQuota

(0) Hearts

Fragrance has everything to do with how moist your skin is. If you want the long wear, a complimentary set of EDT/EDP and Body Wash/Body Oil will do the trick. Morning wash with the body wash or apply body oil after toweling off. A light application of EDT may or may not be required to the wrists, neck, behind the knees. A touch up of EDP/EDT will be needed in the afternoon in the same areas.

Can't say enough for staying hydrated either, a neutral or complementary moisturizer and drinking plenty of water.

Examples below of product that would extend a personal scent.

MarciaBrady

I agree that Jo Malone scents are sadly short-lived. Marc Jacobs makes quite a few light florals with decent staying power. Atelier Cologne also has a great range of refreshing scents that stay on a bit longer. Have you tried Balenciaga's Rosabotanica? It's deeper than the Flora, but still on the lighter side. Good luck with your search! Fragrance can be an especially tough one.

kmaquillage

Haven't tried any of the Marc Jacobs florals or those from Atelier Cologne, any specific recommendation from the ranges? Thanks for your help! I did actually try the Rosa version, but found it to be a bit too green smelling for me. Thanks again!

MarciaBrady

(0) Hearts

As suggested by TheSocialQuota, Daisy Dream is a great one to check out. Dot is also a light, fresh scent. I'd start by looking into those. The Atelier I was thinking of was the Rose Anonyme, but if you're not a fan of the Rosabotanica you may not care for it either. If you happen to walk by a bottle it's definitely worth checking out, though. If I think of anything else, I'll definitely let you know. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • spoiledbrat
    • leftysass81
    • onehotmutha
    • kmaquillage
    • pinkonyx
    • chocopudding