tigrelili

Help needed

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I need help finding a perfume I will like , no love!!

I'm not a big floral girl , i tend to lean towards the fruits or deep woodsy undertones

I get overwhelmed when i go into the store to try scents and some give me a headache  i.e. elizabeth taylor  welll anything

the last perfumes i had were rihannas rebele fleur and lolita lempicka the black one i think it was midnight something ... i have hanae mori  butterfly but its not doing it for me right now , i dont know if because its winter or because its too light but its not my thing and my mother keeps stealing spritzes ( we already sound alike i dont want us to smell alike as well).

I substitute teach at a school which means im up at 5 am and I dont come back home until 11 pm at night since I attend classes afterwork.

so i would either need something thats nice but not too overpowering , because the kids WILL tell you if they dont like it , or another adult scent in a rollerball  i can apply after work.

the haul i recently acquire is pretty much my bday (sept)/ anniversary(nov)/ xmas/ vday  gift(s) so i dont have much of a budget for these items but if its quality i dont mind investing , i just want something that will fit my body chemistry and not fight it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

xoxcrystal

Re: Help needed

(0) Hearts

my favorite perfume is davidoff cool water for women. it's not too strong and overpowering compared to other perfumes and i absolutely love it. it's also super inexpensive compared to other brands. i own multiple perfumes like j'adore dior and not only was that super expensive, but it was so strong. i used to work at a bank and i remember wearing it to work once and when one of my co-workers came into the drive thru to help me out, he told me it smelled like a french w**** house in there. but cool water for women is nothing at all like that. it's going a great soft scent that would be perfect for you. plus, macy's always has a great deal going with it for $52 for the whole boxed set, including a full size perfume, a mini travel one, and the lotion and body wash. i've been wearing it for years and it really is my favorite perfume.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/davidoff-cool-water-woman-gift-set?ID=959592&CategoryID=30076#fn=...

katief241981

(0) Hearts

i second Prada Candy and Marc Jacobs Honey. Also Versace Bright Crystal

bfuller

Have you ever considered a man's fragrance?  Basing these recommendations from scents you're drawn to plus your budget, I think you would love any of these:

1. Clean White Woods - 1oz = $38; notes of amber woods, bergamot leaves, magnolia, sandalwood, vanilla orchid... to name a few.
  2. LaCoste Essential - 1.35oz = $40; notes of sandalwood, black pepper, patchouli, wood accords, bergamot...
  3. Givenchy Pi Neo - 1oz = $42; notes of mandarin, bergamot, cedar, myrrh...

Women's fragrances are so hit and miss because we're all so individual.  If you were to ask recommendations based on the same criteria (draw & budget), I would suggest trying these:

1. Kat Von D Sinner - 0.33oz rollerball = $18; notes of cinnamon, vetiver, patchouli, plum, sensual musk...
  2. Tocca Cleopatra - 0.5oz edp = $15; notes of tuberose, golden amber, vanilla musk, cassis bud...
  3. Aquolina Pink Sugar - 1oz edt = $30; notes of bergamot, licorice, cotton candy, caramel, vanilla, musk, wood...

*Note - don't let Aquolina's Pink Sugar fool you.  It IS a sweet fragrance, but it's also very sensual and fairly non-offensive to most people.

&Sizes and price quotes are from Sephora's website.&

Whatever you decide, you will find your signature scent through most trial and error.  If samples are available, or you can test from a local retailer, I always suggest these methods over any other.  Hope this helps.  :smileyhappy:

Good luck, tigrelili!

tigrelili

(0) Hearts

i have always been drawn to male scents but the ones i love the most i dont think would fit my body

i love azzaro chrome like more than words can express , when my ex would travel i would curl up in one of his fleece sweaters that smelled like it

ClassyyetSassy1

(0) Hearts

Girl I am telling you > Dolce and Cabana light blue will change your life. It smells so indescribably good.  My mom and I share it and we love it!

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

Try Tokyo milk's tainted love....... It's dark with the slightest hint of lime. No one who has ever smelled it on me hasn't liked it. It is Eau de parfum for 36$& that is a steal! Also by Tokyo milk dark: everything and nothing smells like blood oranges. It is wonderful!

starryeyes331

(0) Hearts

One of my favorites is Dior Hypnotic Poison. Smells like vanilla and root beer. very warm and delicious!

StephM204

Prada candy is delicious, warm, and not overpowering. My fave.

eboneezer

(0) Hearts

I have similar tastes. I like Prada Candy, Miss Dior Cherie and D&G The One. Still haven't found my "signature" though lol

tigrelili

thanks for the suggestions , ive added the rollerball sample to cart for purchase next month , and ive looked at tokyo milk

i didnt see the lavanilla blackberry , do they still sell it?

ill keep my eye out still for various things ,

bleuorchid21

(0) Hearts

Searched on Google which lead to Sephora but got the message it is sold out.

tigrelili

(0) Hearts

shucks , i saw blackberry and went hmmmm id try that , im a sucker for anything blackberry or mango

gtichick

(0) Hearts

I have similar tastes to you in the perfume department- I really like LaVanilla Blackberry- its fruity but also deeper and a little musky compared to the other scents they have. I don't like a 'perfume-y' perfume, lol. A couple of the Tocca scents are nice too- I like Cleopatra although its not really fruity to my nose.

AznAngelLiz

(0) Hearts

I just tried the Clean White Woods in store and it smells aaaahhhh-mazing. 

bleuorchid21

(0) Hearts

Do you like vanilla? If so, I highly recommend any of the LaVanila fragrances. They all contain vanilla along with such scents as lemon, coconut, grapefruit, lavender, etc. I personally adore Pure Vanilla. I always receive compliments when wearing it and a lot of people really like vanilla so it's never overbearing. It also comes in a rollerball version.

http://www.sephora.com/pure-vanilla-fragrance-P174900?skuId=977355

nebel

(0) Hearts

Try the Tokyomilk scents! (haha, I am BT's resident Tokyomilk Cheerleader :smileywink: ) They tend to be more on the woodsy/earthy side and less floraly/perfumy. 

kso1225

(0) Hearts

I'm really sensitive to scents so if I'm not careful I will end up giving myself headaches. One of the more tolerable ones I have encountered is Tocca's Giulietta. They have a rollerball, but it's OOS right now and has been for awhile. It's a very fresh, clean scent.  I also like Tocca's Colette which is a bit more intense, but still subtle enough for daytime and kids. It smells warm, slightly spicy, and like vanilla (which is pretty uniformly popular).

kalex

(0) Hearts

Have you checked out the Sephora Favorites fragrance samplers?  With either one you get to sample a variety of perfumes and then turn in the card for either full-size or rollerball of your favorite.

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

Well i like Daisy by Marc Jacobs. To me it doesnt smell floral, it smells, just a clean and fresh! Its a day scent for me. I love all the juicy couture perfumes!  Especially viva la juicy! 

carrie1975

(0) Hearts

I love Flowerbomb. It's light enough that it doesn't induce headaches. It's not overpowering so you can wear it during the day and the night. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • kalex
    • marydiva
    • eboneezer
    • gtichick
    • starryeyes331
    • bombshell30