beautylovingirl

HONEY BY MARC JACOBS

I know we have all seen the new launch for Marc Jacobs for his Honey perfume but as anyone actually gotten it and if so what are your thoughts about it and what does it truly smell like. Thanks!:smileyhappy:

melissabt

Re: HONEY BY MARC JACOBS

(0) Hearts

I really wish they would bring them back! I know mine is half way gone (pear) and I've had it forever.

<3 Melissa
starletta8

(0) Hearts

Me too!  I loved the one-note ones- they were perfect for just about every time.

Then again, I probably have a few more years left in mine! :smileyvery-happy:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

From what everyone has said I'm no so sure I'm gonna love it. When Dot came out it was a no brainer for some reason and it can be worn everyday and there's just no time not to wear Dot. I usually like something to be a little more unique and different and I usually like more of a crisp scent over soft. So I'll probably just go back to my Chanel Tendre until something else comes along that I really like. Thanks everyone for letting us know! :smileyhappy:

starletta8

(0) Hearts

If you like a crisp scent.... are you near a Nordstrom?

They have an exclusive on Jimmy Choo Flash.  I'm struggling against myself not to buy a bottle right now.  I don't need more perfume.  It's very crisp and clean.  I love Dot, and Acqua di Gioia, and the green Chanel Chance (Eau F-, I can't get up and look).  It seems we like a lot of similar scents, so that's my suggestion.

nebel

Finally got in-store to test it today and let it wear for a while to see how it developed. I like it. I'm not blown away, but it was pleasant and not overpowering.

Light, fresh, soft, as everyone has said below.  Certainly sweet and a little floral.  

My only observation is that it really didn't seem to be a terribly *unique* scent.  Not really as standout or memorable as I usually like perfumes.  But it still is pleasant.

This last quality is why I won't invest in the full bottle, but I'd certainly drop $20 on a rollerball if they make them!

starletta8

(0) Hearts

It reminded me a bit of my Marc Jacobs Pear Body splash, to be honest...

starletta8

It's "soft", if that makes any sense.  Where Dot was very crisp in its scent profile, Honey is just as soft.

It's light and sweet, but it doesn't call to me the way that Dot did. One spray and I immediately bought it.  I got a sample of Honey to try (and I know I wasn't the only one- the tester was about 80% empty!).  I'll wear for a day or two and re-evaluate.  It's nice, but I'm not sure if it's for me.

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Interesting. I doubt my SiJCP will have it yet but I should be stopping by sometime today. I hope I get to smell it!

pinklissamel

(0) Hearts

I don't think I have come across any of MJ's perfumes that I didnt like so I can't wait for the rollerball to come out in this scent!!!!

1930sbella

(0) Hearts

Don't know how to describe it, but I can tell you it smells GREAT!

Yah, I know, not really helpful :smileyhappy:.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@starletta8- Be sure to come back and tell us what you think. I'm excited I wanted to know what it smells like before I buy I don't live near a store.

starletta8

I will- I checked my SiJCP for it today but couldn't be bothered to jump on the freeway just to smell perfume....

bananachoox3

I love the smell of it! Its not as strong as Dots. I really like it, its really flirty and to me it smells more like Honeydew than honey. I'm still smelling the sample strip I got from in stores the other day. Still gong strong but on the body not as strong. Definitely a sweet scent. I suck at describing scents but its almost like sugary? AHAH Hope you all get to smell it soon!

dianabt

Cool, thanks for the input!!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
starletta8

I'm making a trip to the store this weekend to smell...

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I Love Dot so I hope the Honey is as good as the Dot.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Ok girlies just let us know and thanks!:smileyhappy:

melissabt

I want to smell it too! I plan on stopping by the store to check it out:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
beautylovingirl

Ooh after you get to smell it will you please let us know?

dianabt

Of course! :smileyhappy: The notes sound great so I'm hoping it's just as nice as its described. I love fruity and floral scents like the lighter Marc Jacobs and Escada scents so I'm looking forward to it.

Marc Jacobs - Honey

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
dianabt

I can't wait to smell it! I'm going to the store later today to check it out :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 62 replies
  • 42 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • maltipoo66
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar
    • annonymous1
    • dianabt