bratknits

Fresh Sugar Lemon

Got my sample today.  Ummmm is it supposed to smell like Lemon Pledge?

neko333

Re: Fresh Sugar Lemon

(0) Hearts

I have the big bottle. I don't think it smells like Lemon Pledge but I often see people online who say it does. For comparison I smelled the lemon pledge and the perfume side by side. They are strongly lemon scented but the cleaner is much heavier. This works well for me and it gets sweeter as I wear it. Maybe it's a ph balance thingy. It's my favorite perfume so it's not like I'm biased or anything........

jrah822

I was so excited for it. Opened the box, sprayed it--and my husband confusedly asked "Why are you dusting? It's bedtime!" Pledge all the way.

mangosong

(0) Hearts

I had the same reaction to the smell! Hah hah!

mimibel

(0) Hearts

Omg, I'm sorry it was a disappointment (and I'm glad it was only a sample at least) but I have to say I laughed so much reading what your husband thought. Poor dear. 

jrah822

(0) Hearts

I had to laugh too! He comes off with some good ones. And I'm glad it was just a sample too--I considered springing for the full-sized bottle during the VIB sale, but hesitated. I'm not as disappointed in a sample :smileyhappy:

clarks18

(0) Hearts

I have read some of the reviews on Sephora about this and there are quite a few where people compare the scent to a household cleaner.  I have never smelled it but things do smell different to everyone!  I just had to comment because I love your second sentence.  lol

rdesigns

(0) Hearts

LOL!  I remember that smell! 

bratknits

(0) Hearts

Seriously, I almost wonder if this stuff will strip paint.  I had to scrub hard to get it off.

Heatoyos1

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I once sprayed Clinique Calyx on myself before going to bed. I felt a hideous combination of nausea and allergic reaction. 

I tried to wash it off with hot soap and water, and then hand sanitizer. The alcohol in the hand sanitizer sort of helped, but it was horrible. I had a really hard time going to bed that night. 

rdesigns

(0) Hearts

I recently got a sample of the Lancome Le Vie Est Belle.  It smells like powdery Raid bug spray on me.  I just could not get it off!  Even after showering, the scent was still there :smileysad:  

lylysa

Wipe down with some rubbing alcohol on the spot where a fragrance is applied, it'll cut down the scent and break it down.

rdesigns

I would probably have to bathe in the stuff! lol!  I will give it a try next time - thanks :smileyhappy:

lilyyy

I think it smells like Lemon Pledge. I gave it to my sister as a car scent.

lylysa

I see a new way to recycle scents one wouldn't wear into air fresheners for car or home....we can mist tufts of pillow batting/fill and stuff into little satchets and hang them in cars, bathrooms, or even in a guest closet! :smileyvery-happy:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

The Fresh Sugar Lemon scent does have very distinct sweeter lemon notes. The ginger, caramel, and oak moss tend to give it that more earthy, sugary scent as opposed to straight up zesty lemon or super uplifting citrus.

I've smelled it in stores and don't find that it smells like Pledge cleaner, but what a fragrances smells like on someone is very individual. It's possible that when mixed with your body chemistry and pH that the scent takes on a more Pledge-like smell.

If for any reason it smells distinctively sharp, pungent, or even rancid, then it's spoiled or has degraded.

bratknits

Maybe the samples are old, this is a very sharp Lemon Pledge smell.  Maybe I can leave it in the bathroom for hubby to spray as an air freshener.

lylysa

Good call, I tend to do that with scents I don't want to wear, but don't necessarily mind their actual smell.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • mangosong
    • lilyyy
    • lylysa
    • neko333
    • clarks18
    • rdesigns