RMOR86

Fragrance from a Flea Market

(0) Hearts

Has anyone ever done it?

AlwaysGlamorous

Re: Fragrance from a Flea Market

Like I've said in some other threads, if it's too good to be true, it is. And what Quixotic has to say is SPOT ON. "we are seeing that smaller-sized, high-end personal care items are very popular with drug users looking to score some quick cash for their next hit" I watched a Dateline or similar show detailing this exact process. Don't support this type of activity. You vote with your dollar and in this way, you'd be supporting drug use and/or other illegal activities. 

quixotic

There is a good chance they're real, but stolen. I'm in law enforcement and we are seeing that smaller-sized, high-end personal care items are very popular with drug users looking to score some quick cash for their next hit. They sell these stolen items to shady second hand shops, who in turn sell them at flea markets. This had become such a problem in the community where I work, we passed a law making it illegal for second hand shops to buy these kind of products from people.  And you have no idea how long the product sat the second hand shop before they decided to "resell" it.

shortstuff07

Exactly^.  

jshow5

(0) Hearts

I bought a sealed box of Burberry perfume from TJ Maxx (there were a lot so I think they were overstocks). I decided I don't want it because I like a different perfume from the Burberry coffret I bought, so I don't know what to do with it. I mean, it's from TJMaxx :smileyhappy:  That's about as sketchy as I'll go. 

I wouldn't buy it from a flea market (it could be animal pee for all you know), and if you don't like it, you can't swap it. 

calamityjane85

(0) Hearts

No way jose

bratknits

I wouldn't.  Flea markets are huge venues for counterfeit goods and pirated media.  A few years ago there was a giant raid in Salem, NH to confiscate the stored goods of someone who sold heavily at the local flea markets.  We were trying to put the summer car into storage in one of the back lockers before it snowed but the entire place was locked down for like 12 hours.

m3rma1d

[ Edited ]

Only thing worth getting at a flea market is like, funnel cake. Or a sausage sub. :smileytongue: 

nishcakes

Fried Oreos!! #fatkid

jshow5

[ Edited ]

Mmmm funnel cake! Stop it, you're making me hungry! Oooh, a sausage covered in funnel cake batter and fried, rolled in powdered sugar and cinnamon! I must find a deep fryer asap! 

m3rma1d

Lawd jeebus, tell me yer address I wanna come over for suppah tonight!

RMOR86

(0) Hearts

Has anyone ever purchased high end fragrance at a flea market...juicy, dk, anything like that. They have so many, i'm just always scared they are fakes.

hipquest

In general, they are going to be fake, stolen or out of best-by date.

DTalksAll

I personally wouldn't take the chance. You don't know if it's a fake (so who knows what ingredients are in there) or if it was obtained illegally. 

gingerblack

Can you clarify what you are asking. Do you mean buying a fragrance that is usually sold in stores like Sephora at a flea market, or indie fragrance only sold in flea markets? I have bought like body mists and perfume/essential oils from flea markets in scents like lavender and they were fine.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 19 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • quixotic
    • hipquest
    • gingerblack
    • AlwaysGlamorous
    • calamityjane85