kimmi1115

Fragrance Stash

What perfumes do you have in rotation?  Are you on the hunt for a new perfume to add in the mix?

Currently, I have a rollerball of Marc Jacobs Daisy and Kat Von D's Saint.  I'm sticking with the rollerballs since I like to change it up often, although I do love the Daisy bottle lol.  Occasionally, I'll use my body spray from Bath and Body Works, but it never lasts long.

I discovered 2 new perfumes yesterday that I, along with my boyfriend, love.  Rihanna's, and I can't recall the name of it, and Vera Wang's Lovestruck.  I really love the look of the Lovestruck spray bottle. 

eaugirlspirit

Re: Fragrance Stash

I have gone through a fragrance escapade for the past 2 years and have collected lots of fumes. I would say that if I had to pick one perfume for each season though, it would be:

Fall- Dior's Midnight Poison (Not available in Sephora)

Winter- Chanel Chance

Spring- Marc Jacob's Daisy

Summer- Rhianna's Reb'l Fleur

keelybt

I am totally a fragrance junkie!  I need a different scent for every occasion and mood. :smileywink: Here are some of my favorites.

Dior Addict To Life -This one currently lives in my purse.  It is a beautiful, fresh floral.

Dior Addict To Life

Tokidoki Siberia Rollerball - I'm not usually a rollerball girl but this smells really good and I love the packaging.

Siberia Rollerball

Bvgari Omnia Crystalline I love the baby spray for my purse but I had to also get the larger size for my vanity.

Omnia Crystalline

Marc Jacobs Daisy  This is one of my old favorites.  I may stray, but each time I pull it out i remember what a truly lovely fragrance it is.

Daisy

Dior J'adore This is a beautifully rich fragrance that I find comforting.

J'adore

Clean Warm Cotton This is for when I want to smell like laundry. :smileywink:  It's a great fragrance that doesn't announce itself as a fragrance.  It makes you smell like you just came from the shower or are wearing very freshly laundered clothes.

Warm Cotton

Chanel Chance eau Fraiche  This is my fancy evening fragrance.

Apparently that is not enough for me because I have a lot more but these are the ones I find myself wearing most often. :smileywink:

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

I went through a fragrance obsession period a few years back...I kind of collected them and bought new ones to treat myself every once in awhile. Then I quit buying fragrance cold turkey because it got to the point where I had TOO much and not enough space. I have only bought one new fragrance in the last 4 years ( Escada Taj Sunset) and the rest are gifts from other people or older ones I havent gotten around to using yet. I have 13 fragrances right now and I am not planning on getting more until I finish them off. When and if I finish them, I would like to get Island Michael Kors Palm Beach, Jennifer Aniston and Marc Jacobs Oh Lola. My favorites are:

1. Hilary Duff With Love

2. Escada Taj Sunset

3. Escada Marine Groove

4. Ralph Lauren Wild

5. Paris Hilton Heiress

6. Paris Hilton Cancan

7. Dior Jadore

8. Jessica Simpson Fancy

9. Aquolina Pink Sugar

10. Dior Addict 2

antoine0000

(0) Hearts

OKAY... I go through so many that I will try to list all here but the top ten only :

1. LE MALE ( jean paul gaultier )
  2. CARTIER ( Vendome de cartier pour hommes)
  3. TRUFFIT & HILL
  4. AQUA DI BIELLA
  5. DUNHILL FOR MEN
  6. DOLCE & GABANNA LIGHT BLUE
  7. AQUA DI BIELLA
  8. ROGER & GALLET ( VETYVER )
  9. YVES ROCHER HOMME NATURE
  10. D&G L"IMPERATRICE

dpepe

I've also used and loved almost all of the ones you have listed except for the Escada scents.  Maybe that will be my latest splurge.  I too have way too many perfumes and try not to buy more but I can't help it.  :smileyhappy:

geminibreeze

(0) Hearts

I have a sick perfume collection, but the ones I have been rocking recently are :

Theirry Mugler Scents Angel, Angel Aquachic, Womanity, Alien, and Innocent Rock. I actually have the purse spray of Angel in my bag, and the full size toilette in my work bag! lol

Tom Ford's Black Orchid (I know Sooo not summer appropriate, but I looove it . I bought it on a whim and am uber happy with it!)

Christina Lacroix Absynthe

Lady Million

Tocca Cleopatra

dolceloure

I'm home for summer vacation so my current perfume rotation is limited to what I packed:

-0.17 bottle of Givenchy Ange ou Demon le secret

-Clean Shower Fresh rollerball

-Carried Away (Bath and Body) 3 oz body spray

Plus a few random sample vials I packed for special occasions. I have so many favorites that I left behind in my apt -- this might sound pathetic, but I kind of miss them! :smileysad: lol

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts
I usually only have maybe 3 in rotation because they don't last too long. Marc Jacobs Lola is my new thing...and I smell Justin Berber on my daughter these days. I do love the clean fragrances. There on my next list.
beautygeek97

Haha I'm always looking for new perfumes! I have such a big stash of perfumes and body sprays right now that it's cRaZy. My favorite scent at the moment is Paris Amour from Bath & Body Works (I bought the little bottle of lotion a couple of days ago, but I intend to buy the body spray when it officially comes out). I just love how clean but girly it is! I'm rotating between that one and Someday.

<3 beautygeek97

kimmi1115

@beautygeek97  I got a flyer about Paris Amour from Bath and Body Works.  I'll have to make my way up there to give it a test sniff when it comes out.  It's so easy to get carried away in that store lol. 

@sephoramusthave  It sounds like you have an amazing collection!  This may seem like a silly question, but about how long would you say it would take a person to use up a full sized fragrance?  I'm wanting to commit to a full size bottle since I would keep the bottles afterwards to display.  I keep telling myself it's not like they expire or anything.

sephoramusthave

I use perfume a lot differently than most people so I tend to go through fragrance a lot faster, especially with the smallest 1 oz sizes. I dont spray it directly on my skin, or on the pulse points like everyone else. I dont like chemicals on my body so I spray them on my clothes and on my hair. And that way the smell doesnt disappear after 2 hours. If I use one perfume at a time and use it everyday, the full size 3.4 oz size lasts me 3-4 months if its a concentrated eu de parfum. Since the eu de toilettes are less concentrated and have the staying power of a good body spray, they disappear a lot faster.

Fragrance "supposedly" expires or oxidates after 3-5 years. After 5 years the oils in it ''supposedly" break down and change smell and color. However, I have fragrance much much older than 5 years and they are just as good as the first day I got them, no color change, no smell change...nothing. Keep them out of direct sunlight and at room temperature and it will be just fine. There's no way I would trash my 13 expensive bottles.

dpepe

I agree not to throw out perfumes older than 5 years.  Keeping them in a cool place definitely helps but I also keep them in the original box.  I know the box hides the cute bottles but it protects them for a long shelf life.  :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

How does keeping them in their original boxes prolong shelf life? Keeping them out of direct sunlight and humidity and storing them at room temperature should work just fine.

dpepe

You are absolutely right, keeping fragrance out of direct sunlight in a cool place should keep fragrance fresh.  As far as keeping the fragrance bottles in the original box, that advice was given in a magazine article I read many years ago and I've been following it right along.  Maybe it's time for me to throw out the boxes and display my collection.  Thank you. 

officegal

I'm a perfume junkie as I am everything else. A dozen full bottles, another dozen travel sizes, and about a gazillion samples. Lately I'm getting into niche perfume and the fragrance world just got 100x bigger.

But the ones I've enjoyed lately are:

P245901_hero.jpg

P38220_hero.jpg

P182204_hero.jpg

dpepe

(0) Hearts

I love D & G fragrances.  I've never tried the #3.  How would you describe it?  I may give it a try.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 57 replies
  • 58 hearts
  • 37 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod2
    • chewcifer
    • mangosong
    • officegal
    • leilla