Answer
lashlover27
Fragrance Recommendations

I am looking for a fragrance to give as a gift (a little risky, I know) and can't find the Frgrance Finder Quiz that used to be on the website.

Anyway, my friend is down to earth and artsy, a journalist major. She told me she is looking for a signature scent that she can make her own. I imagine something not too floral or fruity, a little more woodsy or spicy perhaps?
Any ideas?
Thanks!! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
projulie
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi,

yes, fragrances can be a little risky to shop for, but at the same time I think it's really fun. I recently got introduced to Hermes Sur Le Toit and it is definitely a unique fragrance. It's earthy, but not too green or too sweet. It smells amazing and I always get asked what I'm wearing since it's something unique. This is definitely my all time favorite fragrance and what I like most about it is that not everyone is wearing it.

Sephora also has the scent impressions and a touch-screen available in store where you can search fragrances based on impression, notes, brands, etc. I would for sure stop into a Sephora and play with their machine. It's a great tool to help you narrow your selection and also maneuver around all the fragrances. What's also really nice is that it'll tell you all about the fragrance including what is similar in the same family.

Good luck!

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • lashlover27
    • dianabt
    • janinebt
    • ChicDabbler
    • projulie