Answer
lashlover27
Fragrance Recommendations

I am looking for a fragrance to give as a gift (a little risky, I know) and can't find the Frgrance Finder Quiz that used to be on the website.

Anyway, my friend is down to earth and artsy, a journalist major. She told me she is looking for a signature scent that she can make her own. I imagine something not too floral or fruity, a little more woodsy or spicy perhaps?
Any ideas?
Thanks!! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
ChicDabbler
Answered

Not sure where the Fragrance finder is, but to the left under the categories you can filter by notes. Here are the finds that are woodsy and spicy.

http://www.sephora.com/women-fragrance?ref=100603%20100604&node=1050074&categoryId=cat60148

You can try getting her a sampler set so she can pick, or a mini coffret and an atomizer so she can mix her own if she's feeling adventurous.

dianabt
Answered

Hi lashlover27, 

We don't have the fragrance finder available any longer, I'm sorry about that! It was so helpful, I miss it too! I think BeautyTester has a great suggestion for you to try, a fragrance sampler or coffret has a variety of scents your friend can choose from. :smileyhappy: 

I suggest you try Burberry Brit

Burberry - Brit Eau de Toilette

Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka - Lolita Lempicka

and Narciso Rodriguez

Narciso Rodriguez - for her Eau de Parfum

Sephora Favorites The Captivators

Sephora Favorites - The Captivators Deluxe Fragrance Sampler For Her

Jennifer Aniston (very light and water based notes)

Jennifer Aniston - Jennifer Aniston Gift Set

Clean Summer Fun Duo

CLEAN - Summer Fun Duo

Ralph Lauren The Big Pony Coffret

Ralph Lauren - Big Pony Women’s Collection Coffret

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
projulie
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi,

yes, fragrances can be a little risky to shop for, but at the same time I think it's really fun. I recently got introduced to Hermes Sur Le Toit and it is definitely a unique fragrance. It's earthy, but not too green or too sweet. It smells amazing and I always get asked what I'm wearing since it's something unique. This is definitely my all time favorite fragrance and what I like most about it is that not everyone is wearing it.

Sephora also has the scent impressions and a touch-screen available in store where you can search fragrances based on impression, notes, brands, etc. I would for sure stop into a Sephora and play with their machine. It's a great tool to help you narrow your selection and also maneuver around all the fragrances. What's also really nice is that it'll tell you all about the fragrance including what is similar in the same family.

Good luck!

janinebt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Diana and BeautyTester have great suggestions.

Purchasing a scent for someone can be a challenge because they're so personal! Fragrance samplers are a nice option because they usually have a rich variety of different scents. Our Sephora Favorites kits come with vouchers that can be used to redeem a full sized version of any one of the scents that come in the sets.

Some of my personal favorite unique woodsy/spicy scents are: Kat Von D's Adora, Thierry Mugler's Womanity, Lolita Lempicka, and Coco Mademoiselle.

Sephora Favorites - The Captivators Deluxe Fragrance Sampler For Her

Sephora Favorites - Deluxe Fragrance Sampler For Her

Thierry Mugler - Womanity

Kat Von D - Adora

Lolita Lempicka - Lolita Lempicka

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • lashlover27