Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Dang @lyravega! I would llurrvvee to have that sitting on my vanity!  Heart Simply gorgeous...

Looks like TF has yet another scent launching- Noir Anthracite

Notes: Top note is bergamot; middle note is spices; base notes are sandalwood, cedar and ebony.

IMG_2797.PNG

Does anyone know if there are bottles out there in stores of Guerlain Mon Exclusif? I read it was discontinued/ replaced by Mon Guerlain. I'm hoping to track down a bottle of it somewhere. It shows on NM as 'back ordered' which they are known to not take down retired products promptly.

@AnneMCC I read on Kafkaesque (blog) that Mon Exclusif was basically repackaged as Mon Guerlain; that they're the exact same formulation, just renamed. Kafkaesque is usually right, or darn close, although I only sniffed Mon Exclusif once so I can't be sure. 

Thanks I will go check out the blog! I kind of like the Mon exclusif bottle better and I wanted to compare both. But I can't seem to find it anywhere so I guess it's really out..

I didn't know Kafkaesque had started blogging again @lachaton. Thanks so much 🙂

Is there a new Serge Lutens scent coming?

(Dent de Lait? (aka milkteeth)

Notes described as almond, milk, incense

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 1.25.50 PM.png

ETA: yup, from Basenotes

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 1.29.51 PM.png

There is also a second new scent coming called Bourreau de Fleurs (no notes described)

Packaging is being redone:

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 1.43.13 PM.png 

50 ml bottles are being axed, and they mention there are scents being discontinued to the Palais Royale collection as well;

Arabie
Bas de Soie
Sa Majeste la Rose

A la Nuit
Gris Clair
Jeux de Peau
Daim Blond
Cedre
Serge Noire
Fille en Aiguilles
Vitriol d'Oillet plus whole Vapo Tout Noir line

Thanks for the update! The Kafkasque fragrance blog has a good analysis of these upcoming changes.

Oh nooo, so many of the ones I've been meaning to pick up are on that discontinued list. 

@Mochapj I read this a few days ago!

Apparently the notes are menthol, violet/iris with a foody/glue/doll impression!

@ChristalM 😮

that sounds slightly horrific 😄

@Mochapj Yet interesting! 

Let me first say that I am no fragrance expert.

I received an Atelier Clementine California sample in my Play box a few months back and loved it.  It reminded me a lot of my childhood growing up here in Florida actually and I'm surprised at how much of a happy scent it is for me.  Sometimes I just wish I had a bit more of the citrus scent in it, but I like that's it's not too fruity if that makes any sense.  It seems like the perfect summer scent though and I have almost ordered it several times.

my only hesitation is that I see where they also have one named Orange Sanguine.  I've read the description of Orange Sanguine and almost question whether I would like that better.  I haven't been able to get a sample and always forget to ask when I'm in store.  Can someone who has tried them both tell me your thoughts and opinions on which I would like better?

my favorite perfume to wear daily is Chanel Chance Tendre, but I also like DB Light Blue, Gucci Bamboo scents too.  I do know I don't like anything over sweet like juicy couture fragrances or the Prada Candy.

It's not either scent but have you tried Frédéric Malle's Bigarade Concentrée? It has a major hit of citrus (more tangerine than orange though) but it's not sweet, syrupy, etc. which is how I've interpreted "too fruity."

The weirdest thing just happened this morning, I went to spray my Guerlain Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin and all of a sudden it doesn't smell right at all. Is it possible that a bottle can turn within a year of purchasing? I bought it about a year ago and store it in my vanity room which does get quite a bit of daylight, I know sunlight is not good for long term perfume storage. But that just doesn't seem right to me. It has like a sour-ish smell to it. I'm so upset! I know my Saks SA pretty well so I guess I can inform him and see what I can do about it, but it's such an expensive bottle I can't imagine it not lasting more than a year or two. Anyone have any insight on this? Thanks.

@AnneMCC one year is very short, but it could be possible depending on storage.

I've had my bottle for just about 2 years now. But I store my perfume in my wardrobe, with the door closed to keep out the light, and where it's cool. 

Any change in colour at all? If you think it smells sour, I suspect it likely has changed. 

Thanks @lachaton I can definitely tell something is different, so you're probably right. I'm so sad-waaa. I love it so much I'll be going out and buying a new bottle.

I guess I need to change my perfume storage too..I used to keep them in my walk in closet which is dark except when I have the light on. Then I got a new storage case and moved them out to my vanity. 

Anybody here have Comme des Garcons Hinoki? Is it subtle scent or is it just me or my sample? I could barely smell it on me. Thx!

New Poppy Delavigne/Jo Malone collab coming soon:

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 4.30.18 PM.png

scent on the left is Orange Blossom and on the right is Tuberose Angelica

Cute bottles ♡

Cute bottles ♡

It looks like these were limited to Selfridges and a Jo malone UK. They are listed as sold out on both sites.

testing