Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Opinions on the best his & hers fragrances? Today my fiance is wearing Spice Bomb so I'm wearing Flower Bomb. We always think it's cute when we match our fragrances up.

A really interesting article about creating scents:

http://www.cnn dot com/2017/03/29/luxury/future-of-fragrance/

New TF scent coming:

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 12.52.13 PM.png

Sole di Positano, with its citrusy and floral tones, allegedly encompasses the beauty of this dreamy location and the Italian coast.

Its top notes include citrus fruits such as Calabrian bergamot, bitter orange, mandarin and lemon. The Mediterranean idyll and sunny atmosphere is captured in the heart of the perfume with notes of shiso leaf, orange blossom, ylang-ylang, jasmine, lily of the valley and neroli. The base ends with a dose of green moss.

This sounds so nice. I'm afraid I'm going to fall in love with it when I smell it.

Mmm this sounds dreamy!

Cross posting from deals to good to pass up. Nordstrom has a free sample of  

'Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Portrait of a Lady Parfum Spray Sample' as part of their 3 free with purchase

It's .12 oz spray, value is about $25!

image.jpeg

@playingdressup oh wow! What a find! Thank you for posting this! I missed it but at least now I know that this is the kind of thing one might potentially get a free sample there.  Portrait of a Lady is one of those perfumes I've been reading about for years and dying to try but could never lay hands on unless I ordered a full size online and I've been burned too many times blind buying unfortunately.... Thx for sharing this though I wish I had caught this sooner I would 100% have found something to order just to get a sample of this one...

Thank you, TriesToBoClassy, for mentioning Sylvaine Delacourte's sampling collection for $5. I received mine earlier this week, and I'm officially obsessed with three of the five perfumes. 

I'm so torn between Smerelda, Dovana, and Florentina. They're all such comforting, subtle, gorgeously complex scents. 

For those who get the set, what are your favorites?

Can any of you ladies recommend a good atomizer?

I have yet to find one that doesn't accidentally open up and lose whatever you put inside of it.

This year's Jo Malone spring LE..?

I haven't found a magnolia scent that I love yet, but I am curious about this. I don't remember seeing a Jo Malone hair mist.. The 100ml bottle is beautiful though I wonder what the petals are made of.

Screenshot_2017-03-06-12-05-16-1.png

today i am wearing a hint of 'dance with givenchy' -- a limited edition givenchy fragrance that was launched in (and never again reproduced after) 2011. i've talked about this fragrance here a couple years ago; i got a small deluxe sample of this in an airport in japan back in 2011, and it makes me deeply nostalgic, which is why i've had the willpower to milk it for 6 years.

on paper, i shouldn't like this, as the notes, to me suggest a mall teen scent ! apple, orange, ylang ylang, vanilla and jasmine ?! but it's mixed brilliantly and the interpretation of the notes is--i find--fresh. the apple and orange notes, are not juicy or overt. they're more of a subtle suggestion of fruit infused water--which is why i find this fragrance so lovely. i crave it in the spring. i have a hint of it left, but i miss it already.

it's the sister of something like l'eau d'issey or the guerlain aqua allegoria range. water flowers.

Looks like these are the 2 new scents L'artisan is coming out with - they are calling this line 'Olfactory Impressionism'

Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 8.58.54 AM.png

i think it's quite a pretty concept. 

Got a very odd email from L'artisan Perfumers this morning - they are launching something called Pictural Colognes soon

Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 11.16.16 AM.png

Thanks to the lovely @jemly for pointing this one out - a new Etat scent is here 

IMG_8242.PNG

@Mochapj i'm eager to try it. a grassy green rose. mmmmmm

A new addition to the SL section d'or. From the sounds of it, it may share some similarities with Borneo 1834. 

published notes: cacao, vetiver, civet, tuberose, dark chocolate, castoreum and musk.

IMG_8039.PNG

Penhaligons has 2 more of their Portrait collection coming out:

IMG_8021.PNG

Both seem to focus on rum - Clara is a mix of rum, cinnamon and patchouli, which Radcliffe is rum, tobacco and gingerbread 

Rum, you say????

Image result for why is all the rum gone gif

Image result for why is all the rum gone gif

i tried my sample of the new NEST black tulip fragrance this a.m. after i read it had a plum note. it basically smells as if angel and V&R flowerbomb had a daughter with a penchant for gothic literature (plum is often to do that).

which isn't a bad thing. there's a reason why this family of fragrances is so popular: people love them. and i don't hate them (i find they're the fragrance family that often make me most nostalgic). but i can't help but think.......it's 2017. it feels lovely but uninspired.

testing