Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Anonymous Insider

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@BaseballMommy I found a honeysuckle single scent in Walgreens. Vineyard Hills Naturals, in a .27oz rollerball. Tried the Gardenia, the Violet, and the Honeysuckle (only kept the honeysuckle), all are true to the actual flowers and last around 3-4+ hours. Not bad for something sub-TokyoMilk price.

Thank you @Anonymous - I never would have thought to look there. I do have Jo Malone's orange blossom, which on me actually smells like honeysuckle. Wear time on these actually sounds more impressive!

Have you ever tried Burberry? London might be one to try (and usually available at perfume counters if they carry Burberry, so hopefully an easier one to test).

Annick Goutal has Eau de Camille which I find to be fairly green, but might work if you want more floral and less citrus.

And maybe try Chanel Allure. I don't immediately think of jasmine when I smell it, but I really like it for a modern Chanel. 

Aerin's Ikat Jasmine might work for you. It isn't one of my favourite jasmines, but it's definitely more floral than this one. 

Jo Malone used to have a Honeysuckle and Jasmine cologne (discontinued a few years back - not sure if you'd be able to find it). Kate Spade had an older EdP with similar notes that was also discontinued.

Wow! Thank you so much for all the recs @lachaton! I'm just now seeing this. I have and love Burberry Brit Sheer and My Burberry, so there's a good chance I'd enjoy London. Shame Jo Malone's was discontinued. I have her orange blossom which actually smells like honeysuckle on me, but the lasting power could definitely be better. I'm going to write these down and give them a sniff next time I'm in a store! Thank you again!!

New Canada exclusive Atelier cologne - citron d'erable (that's maple for the non French speakers 😉

http://www.sephora.com/citron-d-erable-cologne-absolue-P409994?skuId=1841451&icid2=D=c6:products%20g...

Notes:
Lemon, Mandarin, Sichuan Pepper Maple Syrup Accord, Eucalyptus , Blackcurrant, Maple Wood, Sequoia, Cedarwood.

image.png

The description makes me think they've never actually done sugaring. Which would be unsurprising, but it still makes me a bit grumpy. lol.

I was actually thinking the same thing @Sprytely

Also wondering if it's going to be actual maple for this maple accord or if they are cheaping out and using fenugreek.  

I'm really tempted by this - I might end up ordering it when I get back from my trip in a couple of weeks. I'm a sucker for sweeter scents and also love citrus and the occasional woodsy notes, so in theory it should be a good fit...

I am tempted too! Please report back if you do order!

@ChristalM @ExquisiteGypsy @lachaton I ended up ordering it this morning, so I will report back

Awesome, thank you so much, Mocha!

YES!~!!! I have it in my cart! I will wait to order.

Thanks for taking one for the team @Mochapj 🙂

I wish this came in a smaller size cause it sounds amazing but you never know....

I wish it wasn't online only, so I could at least smell it in store.

There are a lot of things I don't mind blind buying, but fragrance is generally not one of them.  

It's a shame, because it sounds like something I'd probably like, but I have a very bad track record with Atelier.  I've sampled every scent they make, and only like one :S

I like Atelier more than you do (well, I quite like the original, regular line) but I find their scents are starting to feel redundant. 

I'm really curious about this one (a woodsy maple sounds so nice) but I'm wary of the citrus. 

lachaton, I agree - redundant is an excellent way to put it.

It seems like they are coming out with too many scents too quickly IMO, which gives me the impression they aren't putting the care into developing  them that they once did.

But, I also find a lot of their scents redundant because I find they have a few signature 'notes' they like to include in many of their fragrances.  Oftentimes there is a distinct thread woven through multiple bottles (bergamot in particular comes to mind).  

Ah Yes I understand 🙂

I've not been following this (or the Tom Ford) thread lately so not sure if it's been discussed. I just got a sample of the new Neroli Portofino Forte. I've only had it on for 20 minutes but I regret to say I actually love it. It is an eye watering $290 for 50 ml and $710 for 250 ml.

no unicorn tears listed on the notes or anything I can see that remotely justifies the ludicrous $70 higher price tag on the small bottle. 

My initial impression is that it is much much better than the original. Opens with a very loud minty citrus and within the first few minutes is softer and more creamy wood with hint of leather and citrus. more on the masculine end of unisex. Will be interested to see how it develops. 

I heard recently all the TF fragrances are getting a price hike in July.

Ok, have to post this here as this is becoming a favorite brand for me! 

Just want to share this fab deal!

My Sa is giving 4 deluxe Malle fragrance sprays with the new body treatment. 

I just got this today! It is  new Fredrick Malle body treatment. It is after sun balm and smell so good I usually don't spend this much on body creams $95 but this one is amazing and smells just like the top selling fragrance and is very limited!  Plus my SA added 4 deluxe Malle spray to my order. 

I have seen the mini sprays go for about $20 each, so it almost covered the cost of the cream.

Anyone that likes Malle fragrances will love this deal.

I got samples of my faves too. Lipstick Rose is pure love!

malle.jpg

Xiomara @ Barneys NYC 

212 833 2007 

1. How do you all store your sample vials? The ones that you want to keep.. I would divvy them up in boxes depending on brands and preferences, but they seem to multiply by the day and i am a little lost as to how to organize them. I wonder if i should get a rolodex type thing lol

2. How do you decide which ones to keep or not? I roughly categorize frags into 'love' 'like' 'interesting- must try again' 'nice but boring' and 'nope'. I keep everything except for 'nope', and as a result i have a huge, unsortable pileup 😞

testing