Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

mmmm no it doesn't..:P I will have to find out myself!

@TriesToBoClassy I'll try again.  It's like a whisper - it's there, then it's gone, then it's back again.  

The scent is the same, but it seems more evanescent in the heat.

Aaahhh. That sounds wonderful. 

@TriesToBoClassy ahh that's interesting! Gris Clair is something I have a hard time describing, but incensy doesn't come to mind. Sounds like I need to revisit :P.

YES! 

Hmm maybe that i am mischaracterizing it as incense. It is something dry and smoky, like petrichor but without any wetness to it.

Sorry @TriesToBoClassy, I wasn't implying that! I think it must be a body chemistry thing ;). I want dry and smokey! 😮

Haha no worries, i just realised that i don't really know what incense is supposed to smell like. It came to my mind as i sniffed it and fragrantica lists it as one of the notes so i figured it probably is incense. It is weird how body chemistry makes the same perfume smell so different on different people though.

Does anyone know of any perfumes that smell like real Lily of the Valley? I was talking about that flower the other day and it reminds me of the flowers I had all around my house growing up. We would open the windows and it smelled so good! I would love to find a perfume like that

I know Lazy Sunday Morning by REPLICA Maison Margiela has lily of the valley as a top note, try giving that one a smell next time your by sephora!

Oohh I will! Thank you!!

I'm currently in a Fragrance Analysis class and we took a trip to view a bunch of different perfumes and I fell in love with the YSL Yvresse. It smells of soft champagne and is so beautiful and nothing like I already own. 

Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 12.14.21 PM.pngMy issue is I told myself I was not going to buy a new perfume for awhile because I have recently bought quite a few. Why does life do this to me! 

Zulily has Viktor & Rolf and Marc Jacobs fragrances up to 45% off. 

Requesting Jo Malone help

I'm torn between nectarine blossom & honey and lime basil & mandarin. I love both of them and can't decide which one to commit to as a first purchase. They both smell amazing on me (if I do say so myself;)) and have decent lasting power. My husband prefers one and son prefers the other. He's only 4, but still...my house is split.

What are your thoughts on these two? I need some tie breakers!

I vote for Nectarines Blossom and Honey just because I have and love it. 😉

I have the NB&H candle and adore it! No doubt I'll end up with the cologne at some point! Thanks for voting:)

I prefer Nectarine Blossom & Honey, but since the weather is warming up, you might get more use out of Lime Basil & Mandarin during the coming months.

You're right; I'm leaning toward LB&M because I think it'll smell divine in the heat and humidity. Thanks for your input!

I tried Diptyque Florabellio a few days ago. Once I get over a jarring fennel+coffee(?) mixup 30 seconds post spray, this has the most beautiful salty ocean thing going on with none of those coconutty beachy vibes. I prefer this over Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt, but it only lasts about an hour tops so I am not sure if it's purchase-worthy. Would there be other similar scents that knowledgeable BTers could recommend?

Hermes Eau Des Merveilles has a similar salty/wood theme with sophisticated floral with much better longevity and has lots of flankers with different twists. Would be worth a sniff. 

Thank you L4S. I remember you saying somewhere you liked Florabellio so I was hoping you would answer 😄 I will definitely try Eau des Merveilles. I last sniffed it more than 5 years ago and can't remember a thing about it except that I passed, but my taste has changed so much since then. Hermes Jardin - Mediterranee was another pass that I really like now.

Will be interested to hear what you think. It's been about that long since I last wore it regularly. Hopefully it hasn't been reformulated 😉

testing