Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

I don't.  My TF SA worked for Chanel for 15 years and the counters are directly across from each other so in a pinch i ask her.  I can PM her contact information.  But I don't have anyone at Nordstrom (who does some great gifts). Let me know if you want the contact.

i am so excited to have placed my first order with surrendertochance! thank you again lipstick4soul for posting the pre-thanksgiving code! Heart 

i can not wait to receive these samples - never tried any of these before (not even the chanel scents).Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 10.37.54 AM.png

Love!!!  Just love.  Chanel is so amazing...

i know, i love a lot of the chanel cosmetic products (polishes, lipsticks, shadows) and have been DYING to try out their scents. i just somehow never manage to find the time to do this when i am in the shops (am always on a mission of some sort). i look forward to sampling the set of scents i ordered.

I used to so into the Chanel scents...then I moved on.  But I just adore them...and the brand.  Might move back...

I read a great book about Chanel this year and it got me rediscovering the brand.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts/recommendations.

Trying venetian bergamot this morning because so many people have told me I would like it.

I don't think I like it. :S

I didn't like it either, which surprised me given reviews and the fact that I normally like bergamot. 

You are not alone my friend.:(

I was so excited about this one based on what people told me and what I read about this scent. But when I was finally able to obtain a decant of this and applied it, I was a bit disappointed. It's probably just a mix of my skin with the chemistry of the perfume.

Update.  It's been 6 hours.

I stink.  I literally STINK.  It is so musky and bitter smelling. 

I don't think I will ever wear this again :S

oh no!!! 😞  that is NOT good!  do you think maybe you got a bad batch?  i am now curious to apply this on myself to see if it evolves into something musky AND bitter.

ugh.

I'm not sure, I don't think so.  It was a decant from a counter.

I did some googling and found a few mentions that it wasn't selling very well and that on some people it turned animalistic.  I'm guessing that's probably what I perceive as musky.  Either way, am glad it was just a decant and not a blind buy.

I also got a decant from the counter as well. Funny, I was there to try out a different scent, and the TF rep was pushing the Venetian Bergamot on me. Like you, I am thankful that I did not make a blind purchase on this one. I nearly wanted to purchase this during the Sephora VIB sale. Whew!

The animalistic part - I've read/heard about this term and never quite understood what it meant. Now I think I understand. I love that I am always learning new things about scents from this community. Heart

On the brighter side, you can now put that money toward a scent that smells beautiful on you (there are so many out there!).

Surrender to Chance has their Black Friday promo- 20% off through tomorrow with code "charcoal". Figured this crowd might be more interested than NC deal thread 😉

image.jpg

Thank you for this!! I have a number of items in my shopping cart. I think I will finally take the plunge and order a bunch of new scents to try. Heart

Which reminds me... Megan - Olfactive Studio - Lumiere Blanche - another iris leaning recommendation 😉

Mocha, thanks!  Just saw this...you know how threads go...I'll check it out.

Luck of luck, going through samples I found a Prada Infusion d'Iris...so that's what I'm wearing today.  Really like it...

PSA for Canadian Fragrance Junkies

Etiket (out of Montreal) is having their F&F sale today and depending on how much you spend, it is up to 25% off.  

They carry lots of niche perfume lines, including Tauer, Olfactive Studio, Dame Perfumery and lots of others.

I have bought from them several times and can vouch for their awesomeness.

Enjoy!

I was only going to order one thing. And I ended up ordering three 😞

But that said, all Canadian fragrance junkies, please support this store. They ship from Montreal and it's free and super-quick. (I placed my order last night and it's already on its way to me.)

I was only going to order one thing, and I ended up with four 😄

They are amazing.  Something I wanted didn't arrive in time for their sale but inventory is coming next week and they told me they'd honor my sale price for it when it comes in.

What did you get?

I originally just wanted to get Arquiste Nanban. I've only tried a sample vial of it, but I quite liked it and loved that it lasted forever. (In an ideal world, I would have worked my way through a couple more samples, but my brain ceases to think when there's a sale or something is LE.)

And then, I spent the better part of the evening on Fragrantica. And before I knew it, I'd acquired two more things on my to-buy-eventually list (Dark Horse and 06 Incense Rose)… wine and internet is a terrible combination for an impulsive shopper like me 😕

Anyhow, part of the reason I was sampling Tauers last night and this morning is because of the sale.  

They were all busts, so I spent my day today trying 10 (TEN!) perfumes to determine if I wanted anything else.  

I had 4 perfumes per arm, one on my chest and one on my shoulder.  

I tried:

- Tauer 02, 03, 04, 11

- Olfactive Studios Autoportrait, Flashback, Still Life, Panorama, Chambre Noire (tried all of these before, so this was just a re-run)

- Arquiste Nanban, Anima Dulcis

- Ex Idolo 33

I ended up with Nanban, Autoportrait, Flashback and their new one, Selfie.

1 Reply
testing