Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

So the Derek Lam set...the initial impressions are that the fragrances smell very commercial. I took a whiff a couple of nights ago and wasn't really sure this was going to be for me. Every time I thought about them yesterday, I just kept thinking "DKNY." To me they just smelled like clean and basic fragrances. 

Last st night I went through each one...there's one that gave me a Marc Jacobs Daisy vibe...which is not for me. At least 1, but possibly 2 reminded me of Victoria's Secret scents - definitely not a good thing. 

I am wearing the one that I thought might be the most promising - 2am Kiss. There's no info on the notes and my nose isn't as trained as most of you fine ladies, so please forgive me :). When I first sprayed it, there was something that reminded me of the MMM Replica By the Fireplace - not the smokiness but the chestnuts on the fire bit. But there was also a soapiness that I get from Beach Walk. 

As its settling in...it has notes similar to Tom Ford Noir Pour Femme, but I don't find it to have the same depth or level of spice. I don't know, there is something that my nose identifies as soapy that is lingering. Something kind of sour too. 

What's everyone's favorite source for purchasing decants?

Tie between Surrender to Chance and Luckyscent.

STC has older, hard to find stuff, and LS sells more current lines.

I have had good luck with both of these too. 

Thanks! 🙂

ANTICHAMBRE_parfum_homme_50ml_base-360x360.jpg

Playing with my new goodies from L'Antichambre. Wearing 2 today (not layering yet): Le Chocolat, but Poivre Rose on the wrists.

I was already very decidedly in love with Chocolat so yay - more love there! Poivre is interesting, and I think it is a winner. It is peppery... like, when I smell Chocolat, it transports me back to a really Rainy April I spent in Paris several years ago, and we went to Angelina. I feel like I'm smelling the cocoa powder for the hot chocolate.

With the poivre, I get a peppercorn vibe, but there is something incensy to it, and I'm smelling faint hints of lavender. So it has a nice little bit of sweetness to it. It's not pulling masculine either. I like it! 

Got a bunch of new goodies to try 😄

image.jpeg

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on that Derek Lam set 😉

Absolutely! I'm not sure if I want to try a Derek Lam first or Poivre!

Pretty packaging! 🙂

I agree! I love the colors of the Derek Lam and L'Antichambre is fun. You get to pick if you want a gold or silver top and then they match the rest of the packaging to it (logo + inside of box with is a shimmery metallic card stock). 

Finally got around to picking up my Tauerville goodness from the post office today, and I'm honestly far more excited about the samples than the new additions I've procured.

tauertwistedlily.png

I asked in the order notes/comments section if I could get a sample of the experimental fragrance (Dark Mysterious woods) from the Tauer event, adding that I would be okay if they waited an extra week to ship, since the event was this past Saturday. My order shipped last Tuesday, so I wasn't holding out hope...

Not only did they send me the signed card (with the rather generous sample) that they presumably gave away at the event, they also included a sample of the Amber Flash! I'm going to pick a not-dreary day to marinate in it, and will update the thread with my thoughts!

Well I went ahead and ordered my PHI from Twisted Lily, and made the same request (as well as Amber Flash - I tried to purchase a sample of this but couldn't)! Fingers crossed :).

Aw, I missed your earlier comment- just about catching up on BT after work.

Hope you get your sample of Dark Mysterious Woods! Given that the event was just this past weekend, I'm sure they should have some extras 🙂

I'm fairly certain you will get a sample of Amber Flash with your order, and since you ordered Phi, I suspect more Tauers/Tauervilles to round out the sample selection.

I'm hopeful! 🙂

Ohhh this is exciting! I'm about to order PHI and I was pondering where to order it from. So Twisted Lily has the new experimental fragrance?!

I think the DMW is just a test run for now. Given all the amazing reviews so far, I suspect it will be added to the permanent line soon...

Sorry, I was in a rush but meant that they had the samples :). I wasn't aware that they had hosted the event!

Oh please tell us what you think of this Dark Mysterious Woods once you've tried it 🙂

Will certainly do! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Puppy likes M.K. samples.

4 Replies
testing